Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Mid Bus
Chassis: Chevy g30
Engine: 6.5l turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 16+1
New 4x4 shortie from NM!

Hey there everyone! Just want to introduce myself and my new 4x4 shortie. This has been a long time dream of my wife and i finally comming true. So a little backstory, friends of mine owned the local school bus company and they had this little 4x4 winter bus that i have been trying to get from them for the last 7 years. Long story short, they decided it was time to retire and shut the company down. As soon as they told me, i was over there working a deal with them for it. It is a 2000 chevy g30 with a mid bus body, 4x4 conversion and the 6.5l turbo diesel. I have only taken all but 2 seats out and got rid of the lettering and stop sign. The bus is registered and insured and i have been driving it ALL over the place. My 2 little girls absolutely love it and always ask to take it when we go places. We have plans to turn it into a very primitave camper (no running water, bathroom etc.) Basically just bunk beds, dinette, and cabinets for storage. We want to be able to pull the trailer with the dirt bikes, quads etc. up to the mountains for the weekend. I have already gotten multiple ideas from this site and decided to join to show everyone our idea of a bus conversion. It will be a slow going process since we are still new to this whole thing and our pockets arent very deep.

Mudbuscamper is offline   Reply With Quote