Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2017, 10:44 AM   #1

New & needing advice

Hello my fiance and I are researching heavily on how to build a skoolie so her and our daughter can follow their dreams and just travel. We are trying to find the right ( and most cost effective) way to build our own. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. As we are completely new to this it's becoming difficult to find the right materials and yes we are still looking for the right size little bus.thank you.

Alvin&Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 44 or 66? 11 rows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin&Nessa View Post
Hello my fiance and I are researching heavily on how to build a skoolie so her and our daughter can follow their dreams and just travel. We are trying to find the right ( and most cost effective) way to build our own. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. As we are completely new to this it's becoming difficult to find the right materials and yes we are still looking for the right size little bus.thank you.
Welcome to the group!

Best advice is to work on saving money (you'll need it), checking publicsurplus.com and govdeals.com every day (a good start to finding a bus), AND READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN ON THIS SITE!

Fact is, most all you need to know is here already. And while folks here are kindly to noobies (I can attest to this), it is courteous to see what's already been written. There is likely a book or two on any topic you might wish to explore, and it is better for you to do your homework and find and read it rather than to ask folks to re-write the posts they made last year. People here are highly receptive, by the way, to "I read a lot about this already, but can't seem to find ____" - it indicates that you've done as much as you could. Oh - and instead of using the on-site search engine, use Google and include "skoolie.net" as one of your search terms: works better.
Dapplecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapplecreek View Post
Welcome to the group!

Best advice is to work on saving money (you'll need it), checking publicsurplus.com and govdeals.com every day (a good start to finding a bus), AND READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN ON THIS SITE!

Fact is, most all you need to know is here already. And while folks here are kindly to noobies (I can attest to this), it is courteous to see what's already been written. There is likely a book or two on any topic you might wish to explore, and it is better for you to do your homework and find and read it rather than to ask folks to re-write the posts they made last year. People here are highly receptive, by the way, to "I read a lot about this already, but can't seem to find ____" - it indicates that you've done as much as you could. Oh - and instead of using the on-site search engine, use Google and include "skoolie.net" as one of your search terms: works better.
Thank you very much for your advice. I will be sure to read all I can.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
Alvin&Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Welcome! Glad you are here

Good luck!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, help please!, new member