Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #261
Mini-Skoolie

I just signed up to try to help someone out still a few years away from getting my skoolie done

roxious55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #262
Mini-Skoolie

I have a 2001 bluebird tc2000 5.9 Cummins and Allison transmission I bought two of them for 1022$ a piece and drove both of them back from Savannah Georgia to North Carolina where I live my father sold one of them for $3,500 I still have the other one putting a new alternator on it tomorrow and getting the AC is working
roxious55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #263

Coachwork: Country Coach
Chassis: Gillig
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
New guy

So I’ve found this site because I’ve acquired a bus with a coach built on it. It is a 1995 Gillig Bus chassis with an 8.3 Cummins and an Allison MD 3060 6 speed
I’m a wannabe schoolie guy but am too old to build one and too spoiled and poor to buy one. I was drawn here by a need to gain access to info about my transmission computer that has left me hangin twice. We’re stuck in Ct for the weekend. So I’m surfing for info to put a plan together for Tuesday when everything opens back up
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:09 PM   #264
Bus Crazy

What exactly is not working correctly?

It would help if you supplied the actual transmission model from the data plate on the side of the transmission.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 04:31 PM   #265

Coachwork: Country Coach
Chassis: Gillig
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Trans

The model is MD 3060 The ECU is in DNS mode the fault code is 34-13 EPROM CALIBRATION BLOCK CHECKSUM
She not wanna go!!!😁
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:44 PM   #266

Year: 1966
Coachwork: Superior Coaches
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: Ford 330CI
Hello all! I am the proud new owner of a 1965 Ford Superior Coach School Bus. I have purchased it as an old hunting camp home, hoping to restore to former glory and update to modern RV. I look forward to assistance as I start this journey.
Sstegemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #267

Hello! I am new here and I am planning to buy a school bus and restore it this year
Old 05-29-2020, 10:18 AM   #268
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil View Post
read and abide by the sites rules, they are posted to help everyone understand and enjoy using this wealth of knowledge known as Skoolie.net

In the realm that is our world or at least a perceived world; there seems to be a lot of hate, disrespect and general meanness that is messing with everyone's mojo

Just because it seems like the media has turned to applying race and hatred to everything, it will not be accepted on this site...period.

Do not talk derogatorily/mean/hurtful about any person, religion or values

On this site we are about BUSES; we are not about

1)what color you are
2)what race you
3)what your sexual or partnerships are
4)what religion you follow

None of that matters; do not come on here and personally attack any member about anything, unless it's bus related (I jest)

Hey Bansil you were stupid and dumb to buy that RE bus = bad and is bashing

Hey Bansil you would of been better off, buying a FE because.... =good criticism

Can you tell the difference?????

If not reread the rules and read this sticky here:

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/pl...nse-10896.html

IF you have nothing nice to say...don't say it, it will make your blood pressure lower and it will not offend fellow builders

Lately there has been alot of bashing of the Jewish faith around the world, people grow up and if you don't like what has been said find another forum to to beotch about it on, we will not accept it here

Same with Muslims; Muslims as a whole are good people, find somewhere else to complain

The whole Black on White or White on black, or brown on red...people leave it elsewhere and stick to Yellow chrome number 5 or whatever it is

The language also, this is a family site so the site has good filters in place for most words, and society has down played certain words, phrases and such to be common place...us old farts are still offended at some of them

Also there has been some concerns about using the search feature, yes it isn't the best feature, so use google to search with

AND PLEASE AT LEAST READ THE FIRST PAGE OR TWO BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION,

if really makes it hard to respond when there are 2 or 3 same topics at the same time

(disclaimer: I am not a hippy, and have no bad feelings toward any I know or will meet, smile people and enjoy life and family)
Very well put, Bansil. Hope to see you back on here sometime.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 06:09 PM   #269

Hi! I'm brand new here. I am looking to buy. I'd like to save just a little more before I actually purchase. What a difference 1k can make!

I'm a typical story, nothing new here. I'm a single woman, 58, living in Naples, Fl. Tired of the rat race. Tired of throwing money away. I want to see this continent in a real way before I'm too old to enjoy it. Like I said, nothing new. I was dreaming this dream in the late 70s - long before it was acceptable. I've wanted to do this my entire adult life. But, you let people tell you better.

Now I just wanna go. Leave the naysayers behind.

I was actually headed out a year ago, June 7, 2019, in a camper. I was on my first day - only 6-7 hours from home. I tractor-trailer hit me and rolled me down the interstate. I'm just now getting my bravery back.

Thanks so much! I look forward to checking out everyone's build.
Tryingcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #270

Working for the DREAM

Hello all!! So glad I can be a legit part of this forum. Finally fulfilled my 11 year old self’s dream and bought a partially converted 1979 GMC bluebird that’s converted to run on propane last month! So excited to finish the conversion and move in. Then I can start to save money and get myself that piece of land and start building my eco therapy nature pleasure land retreat center!
altaBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:16 PM   #271
Bus Geek

Great to see new members. This isn't really an intro thread, its a thread meant to discourage politics and toxicity that used to be a big problem on the forum years ago.

Its sorta turned into something else, though, so a big WELCOME to you!
Old 08-28-2020, 02:59 PM   #272

Skoolie Newbie

Hi, everyone. So I’ve made the decision to spend my retirement years on the road as a nomad and becoming a burden to my children. I’ve been reading books, watching YouTube and getting more and more excited to get out there. Unfortunately, I don’t have the bus yet. I should have the money for one in early spring 2021. Assuming the world doesn’t end. If that happens, I won’t need a bus. ��

This is a great resource, and I much appreciate the knowledge I know I’ll receive from you all in one way or another. The icing on the cake would be making some friends, too. You may be getting a lot of greenhorn questions from me, so I beg your indulgence in advance.

Be safe! #Lebowski2020!

Maura
BellaVita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:11 PM   #273

Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
About to take the plunge

Greetings. My son started looking into a bus to skoolie conversion several months ago, and now we're at the precipice.

Tomorrow afternoon we plan to drive to New Mexico and buy a 2000 Bluebird 12 window dog nose. Model International 3800 with a T444E, 161000 miles.

Wish us luck, and if anyone has a reason we shouldn't drive it off the lot, please let me know!
Attached Thumbnails
5f51148f22df6d5b7d4ddee0.jpg  
Gathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:50 PM   #274
Bus Geek

If its got a 545 transmission I'd pass unless its dirt cheap. Full size bus with 444 and 545 is marginal at best.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:51 AM   #275
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Bluebird Chevrolet short bus
Chassis: Chevrolet 3500
Engine: 6.0 Gas hog
Rated Cap: As many as could fit
Thumbs up Hello, New on this site

Hi Folks.

I have just purchased a 2006 Bluebird short bus to convert into my retirement home. I am in the process of converting it and have been lucky enough to be able to salvage a good amount of my skoolie needs out of a junked 5th wheel mallard trailer. I found this site through the Skoolie books I have purchased and am excited to get it finished. This seems to be a wonderful resource for folks to get information on, I'll be here for a long time I fear.. Thanx for sharing.
Brewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:57 PM   #276

First Skoolie buy

Hi all,

New to the site, just purchased 2001 Bluebird Handybus.
5.9 Cummins, Allison 3060 trans, 220000 miles on it. Looking forward to building it and using all the resources on here.
Takingthelongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:14 PM   #277
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 44 pass
Talking I bought a bus.

I've been watching this forum for a while because I always wanted a bus. I finally bought one a couple of days ago. I will be driving about 5 hours to pick it up this Sunday (10/4/2020). I cannot tell you how excited I am.
jayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:39 PM   #278
Bus Nut

Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
New Skoolie Devotee

Hi,

I picked up my rust free Texas skoolie a few weeks ago. I have stripped the seats out and am currently working on the flooring. It's slow going with those darned metal strips! I'm excited! It has the AT545 which I hope to swap for something with overdrive. She's 28 feet long and has a wheelchair lift. I'll probably sell the lift for more interior space and to get rid of the weight. I continuously read on this site and have learned quite a bit already. Solar and plumbing will be the two challenging portions.

Thank You,
Josh
Diverdude0075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:10 PM   #279

Greetings from the beautiful shores of West Michigan

I do not own a bus but I may buy a short bus to convert into a camper rv. I'm enjoying reading about the custom builds here.
Elco26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:03 AM   #280

Hello :-)

Hello

I'm from Germany. :Oops:

Many people say it is possible to know the headroom from the outside.
Now what headroom have in this bus. : eek:

Many Thanks
Andre
Attached Thumbnails
E50665AF-2A46-4060-85F8-FC4D80E9CE69.jpeg  
Germanbus is offline   Reply With Quote