Old 05-15-2016, 12:13 AM   #31
Bus Crazy
Chassis: '97 BB TC1000, 5.9l
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
I think we should stick to acronyms like BYOB. It's nice to see the help on this site going out to people just learning about buses. Everyone will admit there are some truly stupid things that go on here at times. That's just people without experience attempting to do what they think is right. We've all been there on one subject or another. Be tactful and say "I did it this way." Just give people a choice between their stupid way and some hopefully more reasonable way. Not everyone had the misfortune of being a mechanic so give em a break. It's pretty impressive that some of these people buy buses at all. I always liked to dive in head first myself.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:53 PM   #32
Hello, Patrick here.

I am restoring a late 40's GM school bus. I only have the front half of the bus, so I am making into a guest room.

I need to find some parts and then I found this great site.

Looking forward to reading all the threads!

Old Skool
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #33
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: RE 35'
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72 passenger
Smile New member.

First, it took me 20 to 30 min trying to register for his site. The captcha kept saying the pass words didn't match over and over again after entering the tex. It was so hard to read on several occasions that it was impossible to do. I tried listening to the letters and it was unintelligible. I almost gave up but am looking for a bus to convert and really needed access to everyones experience on this site. This may be due to some kind of visual, audio processing problem I have. If so, it is limiting access to some of us. I hope the admins of this site will look into this, so that the site is inclusive of all. Thanks. It looks like a great site other than that. I am considering a 2000 International RE bus, with the T444 engine, also a Bluebird RE with an 8.4 Cummings.
steveningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:42 PM   #34
Bus Nut
Hi and

All else being equal, I'd recommend the Blue Bird with the Cummins. It's a highly sought after rig. The 8.4L is a much stronger engine.
BusFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:55 PM   #35
longtime listener, first-time caller…

Hello everyone,

First, thanks to moderators and participants for the high quality of posts and comments, as regards technical content, civility, and brevity balanced with sufficiency. I look forward to developing enough knowledge to ask some useful questions…

I've owned three VW buses, now driving my first diesel, a 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI I'll soon be selling back to VW for about its sticker price. Lately I've been driving a 1997 Blue Bird TC2000 (bare chassis upfitted to bloodmobile) for a local nonprofit, providing me with a sense of comfort and respect toward the vehicle. So once VWofAmerica cuts me a check, I'll start really shopping for *my* ideal rig…

The numerous active threads and archives are covering pretty much everything I could think of and much more besides. A longtime interest in sailboats <> has given me an appreciation for ventilation, vibration, corrosion, cubic feet, plumb, and level. So I'd sooner shop at, say, West Marine than at Camping World, but first choice will be salvaging and repairing, recycling and repurposing, in harmony with this retiree's fixed income and environmental sentiments.
"Oh no, I've said too much
I set it up"

Northwest of Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:01 PM   #36
Hi Everyone, Great advice and I think, if 'it is not nice' I want say it.
International is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:07 PM   #37
Newbie in Mt Vernon,WA

Hey there, my family of 3 and our 2 dogs are going to buy a school bus to convert into our own tiny house. We want to do this so we can save and build our credit so we can buy a house of our own and use the bus as an awesome camper. We will be living in it full time for probably 2 year's, maybe more who knows, but it will be a Heck of an experience. We have already severely downsized and have no furniture so it Will be all brand new stuff to us which is always fun, we love thrift stores and what not, frugal is our middle name haha. We live in mt vernon Washington. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
AthenaJade is offline   Reply With Quote