Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2016, 12:58 AM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
I would suggest starting a new thread and ask this question there to get your answers.... this thread isn't really the proper place.

As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:37 AM   #42
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
This thread lost its direction long ago!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:47 AM   #43
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Shuttle Bus
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: Ford 460/7.5l
So many variables and personal preferences...best guess 500-500,000 bucks...give or take.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:20 PM   #44

Newb

Hello everyone. Didn't know anything about Skoolie's or heard anything about them at all until about a week ago. Been researching about tiny home's and shipping container living when I came across the term. Ever since my discovery I'm sold on the idea.

Looking toward doing something like this toward retirement and thought about starting now to enjoy building on it a little at a time. Learned allot since last week and getting lots of ideas off Pinetrest.

Just a little BIO. I'm a 41 year old male who lives in Texas whose married and not quite sure my wife would do the full time living in a Skoolie. Might have break her in slowly. Not really a master builder, plumber, or electrician, but have learned allot from YouTube and other such places.

Looking forward to learning lots from everyone and reading up on posts from the past.
lpd283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:33 PM   #45
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH 3800
Engine: Navistar DT466E
Rated Cap: 72 passenger
LPD: where in Texas are you? I'm 40 miles south of Houston, and several other members are floating around within just a few miles if you live around here.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #46

I live just North of Longview up in the East Texas area.
lpd283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:57 PM   #47
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Welcome! We all started this journey with little or no experience or skills, but hey...life is for learning.

And I am 40 miles north of you...in Houston...along with a few other skoolie nuts.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #48

Phone Help for a Gnome in Need?

Hellooooo,

My name is Miguel and I am a magical gnome who is in the market for a school bus to convert to a mobile boutique/workshop/living situation. I am interested in a 30-35ft school bus that I can eventually attach a half vehicle to the top for a sleeping area. I am a N00b in this world however, and I am seeking a lovely creature that would be willing to share some info with me about what to expect. I have some simple green thumb kinda questions, I have some more mechanical questions, and I just want someone to geek out with a bit over a bus. I'm having difficulty sort of tracking down the right way to look for this info, so any help would be super useful. I work best in person or on the phone, so if anyone is in Eugene, Or or could give a call to 512.297.3666 I would be really appreciative for the help and can offer money or trade for it.

I'm mainly looking for references to info. If I could find someone that would be willing to be a mentor... amazing... but I really could use some help to help myself kinda thang. Thank you family!!
TheGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:27 PM   #49
Bus Geek

Old 01-06-2017, 06:51 PM   #50
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: RE 35'
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72 passenger
I am just west of you in Florence on the coast Miguel. What are you wanting to know?
steveningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:56 PM   #51
Mini-Skoolie

Engine: t444E
Rated Cap: 210HP 28,000 GVRW
Hi I am new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Welcome! We all started this journey with little or no experience or skills, but hey...life is for learning.

And I am 40 miles north of you...in Houston...along with a few other skoolie nuts.
Greetings people especially Houstonish people.
godisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:56 AM   #52
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
could we please try to stick to the topic at hand because..... this is a perfect example of when you're trying to find
information and you have to sift through page after page after page of things that don't relate until you've finally gone far enough back to find what you need. I speak for myself when I say I've wasted alot of time searching. It gets very frustrating.
I don't know too much about what I'm doing so it would be really helpful if I could find the information when I need it without wasting alot of time searching.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:15 PM   #53

Boho Skoolie Project

Hello there! Oak Ridge, Tennessee here. I like tiny, minimalism. Being a skoolie is about more than I know now, but I like the fact that if I wanna run off, I can take my house with me. I keep my dreams bigger than I can reach, always. It helps me grab at least half my tomorrows with traction. I'll be ready to buy a bus this fall. Excited. My mantra is: learn, get traction, let's roll.

I blog @tinyhousefever, bohoskoolie, and tinyschoolhouseonwheels at facebook as well.
tinyhousefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:29 PM   #54

I desperately need help! I have looked and looked and cannot find what I'm looking for. I've had my skoolie for about 9 months now and have been unable to get help with the wiring or even finding wiring diagrams for my bus. I would Love to post my inquires on the forum but I don't see how to do this? and there is no "help" link that I've been able to find on this site?
AWanderingDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:39 PM   #55
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWanderingDot View Post
I desperately need help! I have looked and looked and cannot find what I'm looking for. I've had my skoolie for about 9 months now and have been unable to get help with the wiring or even finding wiring diagrams for my bus. I would Love to post my inquires on the forum but I don't see how to do this? and there is no "help" link that I've been able to find on this site?
This thread's meaning is totally lost.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:46 PM   #56
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
This thread's meaning is totally lost.
dont 75% of the threads on any forum get jacked?
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:51 PM   #57
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
dont 75% of the threads on any forum get jacked?
One time, I was on a forum...I think it was 10 ... maybe 11 years ago. It was Summer, I remember, because it was hot and my 486 laptop was overheating.

So anyway, this guy makes this funny comment about his lost sectors and I tell you- we all just about lost it because it was an RLL vs MFM joke; and we've ALL been there, am i right?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:43 AM   #58

Hello, I am new here. I have a 40' 1988 Chevy bluebird school bus that I have tanks plumbed in with toilet, shower and sink plumbed in. Lost on how to use this site to my advantage
AWanderingDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:48 AM   #59
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil View Post
read and abide by the sites rules, they are posted to help everyone understand and enjoy using this wealth of knowledge known as Skoolie.net

In the realm that is our world or at least a perceived world; there seems to be a lot of hate, disrespect and general meanness that is messing with everyone's mojo

Just because it seems like the media has turned to applying race and hatred to everything, it will not be accepted on this site...period.

Do not talk derogatorily/mean/hurtful about any person, religion or values

On this site we are about BUSES; we are not about

1)what color you are
2)what race you
3)what your sexual or partnerships are
4)what religion you follow

None of that matters; do not come on here and personally attack any member about anything, unless it's bus related (I jest)

Hey Bansil you were stupid and dumb to buy that RE bus = bad and is bashing

Hey Bansil you would of been better off, buying a FE because.... =good criticism

Can you tell the difference?????

If not reread the rules and read this sticky here:

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/ple...nse-10896.html

IF you have nothing nice to say...don't say it, it will make your blood pressure lower and it will not offend fellow builders

Lately there has been alot of bashing of the Jewish faith around the world, people grow up and if you don't like what has been said find another forum to to beotch about it on, we will not accept it here

Same with Muslims; Muslims as a whole are good people, find somewhere else to complain

The whole Black on White or White on black, or brown on red...people leave it elsewhere and stick to Yellow chrome number 5 or whatever it is

The language also, this is a family site so the site has good filters in place for most words, and society has down played certain words, phrases and such to be common place...us old farts are still offended at some of them

Also there has been some concerns about using the search feature, yes it isn't the best feature, so use google to search with

AND PLEASE AT LEAST READ THE FIRST PAGE OR TWO BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION,

if really makes it hard to respond when there are 2 or 3 same topics at the same time

(disclaimer: I am not a hippy, and have no bad feelings toward any I know or will meet, smile people and enjoy life and family)
Well said, Bansil.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:38 AM   #60
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWanderingDot View Post
Hello, I am new here. I have a 40' 1988 Chevy bluebird school bus that I have tanks plumbed in with toilet, shower and sink plumbed in. Lost on how to use this site to my advantage

It would probably work better for you to start a new thread with some sort of descriptor or question in the title of the thread.

Posting answers to your questions here will tend to send this thread in a totally different direction.

Starting a new thread is as simple as registering, picking a topic area in which your question will fit the best, and then posting your question.

Using the SEARCH button in the tool bar up above here can many times help you find the answer to your question. Most of the questions are not new or exclusive to your problem but more than likely the answer will solve your issue.

Good luck!
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote