Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Dolan Springs, Arizona
Posts: 13
Year: 1979
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: How do I find this out?
Engine: Ford 460
New here...

So thanks for accepting me here. Iím very excited about working on my bluebird Iíve just recently began. I live in Dolan Springs AZ. Sheís a 1979 Bluebird has a Ford gasoline powered Motor in it. Thatís al I know about it really. If anyone knows more about my bus and wants to fill me in I would be greatly appreciative. How do I find out which body style it has. Also I would like to rig up the front door so it will open all the way... it swings about 3/4 the wAy... any suggestions? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8CB1594C-AEC6-473A-B8A9-D97648EA38E6.jpeg (20.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 85C2AACA-A7CC-4C34-BD46-858D3A99F39F.jpg (145.9 KB, 9 views)
Funther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,262
Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funther View Post
So thanks for accepting me here. Iím very excited about working on my bluebird Iíve just recently began. I live in Dolan Springs AZ. Sheís a 1979 Bluebird has a Ford gasoline powered Motor in it. Thatís al I know about it really. If anyone knows more about my bus and wants to fill me in I would be greatly appreciative. How do I find out which body style it has. Also I would like to rig up the front door so it will open all the way... it swings about 3/4 the wAy... any suggestions? Thanks!
nice looking bus - the door must be binding on something - a video showing how the door is working, showing from inside of the hinges and outside would help in solving the problem
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Welcome to the nut house! You ain't gotta be crazy to have a Skoolie.
But it don't hurt to be!
Beautiful rig, looking forward to watching the build progress.
There are folx here who can guide you with your bus, but I'm not one of them.
Fill out your user profile asap, so everyone can know what you're working with.
Just tap your avatar, & fill in the blanks...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:12 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Johnny Mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ashtabula, Ohio
Posts: 1,236
Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Nice bus! Welcome aboard!
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:22 PM   #5
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,222
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by haz.matt.1960 View Post
Welcome to the nut house! You ain't gotta be crazy to have a Skoolie.
But it don't hurt to be!
Beautiful rig, looking forward to watching the build progress.
There are folx here who can guide you with your bus, but I'm not one of them.
Fill out your user profile asap, so everyone can know what you're working with.
Just tap your avatar, & fill in the blanks...
Tap the avatar? You need to use the UserCP to access your profile info.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #6
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Tap the avatar? You need to use the UserCP to access your profile info.
In the app, after going to the profile, tapping the 3 vertical blocks, upper right, "edit profile," will allow mobile users to input some basic info. Like..:
Vintage
Make
Engine
Coachwork
Chassis
Capacity
Location
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:09 AM   #7
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,156
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Nice looking Bluuebird you have there. That year has nice curves!
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:24 AM   #8
Bus Nut
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Barrie ON
Posts: 440
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
Sweet looking rig on the outside, got any interior pics of her yet?
Welcome to the show
__________________
Yukon

Handyman and Shenaniganizer
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/97...ion-22324.html
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:47 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Dolan Springs, Arizona
Posts: 13
Year: 1979
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: How do I find this out?
Engine: Ford 460
I found a door stop Type gadget on the bottom side of door catching the underside of the steps preventing it from opening all the way. It appears to have been designed to only open about 3/4 of the way open. I don’t like it. I was thinking I could cut it off or remove the stopper but then it will bash into the mirror. If anyone has a suggestion or advice or ideas on that I’m all ears! Thanks!
Funther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:53 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Dolan Springs, Arizona
Posts: 13
Year: 1979
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: How do I find this out?
Engine: Ford 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by haz.matt.1960 View Post
In the app, after going to the profile, tapping the 3 vertical blocks, upper right, "edit profile," will allow mobile users to input some basic info. Like..:
Vintage
Make
Engine
Coachwork
Chassis
Capacity
Location
I thought I had filled it out yesterday but realized today I hadn’t saved it. So I did it today. Thanks! Glad to be here!
Funther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:54 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Dolan Springs, Arizona
Posts: 13
Year: 1979
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: How do I find this out?
Engine: Ford 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
Nice looking Bluuebird you have there. That year has nice curves!
Thank you! I like her a lot!
Funther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:54 PM   #12
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,262
Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funther View Post
I found a door stop Type gadget on the bottom side of door catching the underside of the steps preventing it from opening all the way. It appears to have been designed to only open about 3/4 of the way open. I donít like it. I was thinking I could cut it off or remove the stopper but then it will bash into the mirror. If anyone has a suggestion or advice or ideas on that Iím all ears! Thanks!


can you mount the mirror on the fender or some other position so the door clears the mirror?
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:44 AM   #13
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Dolan Springs, Arizona
Posts: 13
Year: 1979
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: How do I find this out?
Engine: Ford 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
can you mount the mirror on the fender or some other position so the door clears the mirror?
Not too many other places to put the mirror.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D250DEC1-B960-4E82-838C-BA624EFBBF5D.jpeg (20.8 KB, 4 views)
Funther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:00 AM   #14
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,262
Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funther View Post
Not too many other places to put the mirror.
2019 school bus mirrors
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mirror school.jpg (137.7 KB, 3 views)
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:19 AM   #15
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Dolan Springs, Arizona
Posts: 13
Year: 1979
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: How do I find this out?
Engine: Ford 460
Well ok... nice find my friend.... I bet they pricey though... I don’t think I could pull off just doing one side. I still feel like I would need a spring or chain or something to prevent the door from slamming open or closed I think..
Funther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:02 AM   #16
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
No worries, we all occasionally suffer bouts of cerebral flatus!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funther View Post
I thought I had filled it out yesterday but realized today I hadnít saved it. So I did it today. Thanks! Glad to be here!
Upload some pix of the door in action, or inaction, or whateva...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #17
Bus Nut
 
ermracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Unity, NH
Posts: 305
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466E (195hp, 520tq)
Rated Cap: 29,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funther View Post
Well ok... nice find my friend.... I bet they pricey though... I donít think I could pull off just doing one side. I still feel like I would need a spring or chain or something to prevent the door from slamming open or closed I think..
You should be able find a less expensive (although less 'cool') mirror bracket from a used bus. Last month we scavenged one to mount the driver's mirror forward like our passenger mirror. Pretty easy fix.
__________________
Dave
ermracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bluebird, body, ford motor, front door, hinge

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×