Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #1
Skoolie

New here..considering a skoolie or ?

Been camping and moving up from a tent to vintage pop that I customized then to new TT in 2011.

Love seeing vintage campers and RVs of all kind.
I'm a creative person with a lot of DIY skills and talents.

So to convert a bus into a FT RV is my goal...but I have a lot to learn to get there. And have to decide if it's worth it or not - I can find 40' diesel pusher RV's ready to roll with slideouts for under $30k..instant gratification.

BUT having owned a TT I see the quality, er, lack of quality, in much of what is on the market.

Research before I bought TT suggested a former motor coach as the way to go (basements in place, gearing) first, school bus second and city transit third.

I just passed my CDL w/ airbrake and school bus and begin driving in a few weeks..just waiting for the paperwork to wind it's way through the state halls of the DMV.

My employer sells off his old buses..with less than 100k on them, they're garage kept and he orders many options (on spot chains being one cool add on).

And if anyone is looking a bus there's a bus auction in western pa Saturday November 12 - so far 93 buses on the list for sale.
Inventory | Bus Auction | 422 Sales

prof.fate is offline   Reply With Quote