Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-02-2019, 06:51 PM   #11
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 10,895
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
at one time Custom Automatic Conversions in gulf breeze fl said they could do them. I thinl another is PCM performance.. im not sure if Defero can do them or not.. these are all companies which work on people installing custom allisons into originally non-allison trucks.. so they typically have the hardware / software to change the calibrations.

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:53 PM   #12
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 4,592
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
at one time Custom Automatic Conversions in gulf breeze fl said they could do them. I thinl another is PCM performance.. im not sure if Defero can do them or not.. these are all companies which work on people installing custom allisons into originally non-allison trucks.. so they typically have the hardware / software to change the calibrations.

-Christopher
PCM said they didn't even have the software for the older ones including my 99.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:03 PM   #13
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 16,823
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie_McCoy View Post
There is one of these for sale down in FL right now, 2000 AmTran with the 530 and the 3060, high roof and full basement, but they are asking 16K so its going to stay there, but it seems like the ideal combination.
lol 16 grand???
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:21 PM   #14
Bus Nut
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 350
searching the adds - came across a 2001 Blue Bird school bus with a 7.2 Liter Caterpillar engine with a 5 speed standard transmission - been trying to find horse power and torque info, but couldn't find any except on newer equipment - one thing that interests me in this bus is that it's from Saskatchewan - few places with winters as cold as the broad windy prairies of Saskatchewan - still to find out, but there may be a chance that it has some insulation already - looking for advice and/or info on the motor/trans combo
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:08 PM   #15
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Picton,Ont, Can.
Posts: 1,518
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
searching the adds - came across a 2001 Blue Bird school bus with a 7.2 Liter Caterpillar engine with a 5 speed standard transmission - been trying to find horse power and torque info, but couldn't find any except on newer equipment - one thing that interests me in this bus is that it's from Saskatchewan - few places with winters as cold as the broad windy prairies of Saskatchewan - still to find out, but there may be a chance that it has some insulation already - looking for advice and/or info on the motor/trans combo

Sounds like a good one if it worked in that cold testing ground.
Mine was built for northern Quebec so seems well insulated, added woodstove just in case.

Can you get pics? Specs you want are on the valve cover.
Mine is a 6 l Cat with speed standard, lots of power and hwy geared, have pushed to 85mph but backed off at that. Nice power thru the gears.

If it breaks, your dogs can tow you in!


Good luck,


John
__________________
Question everything!
BlackJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #16
Bus Nut
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
Sounds like a good one if it worked in that cold testing ground.
Mine was built for northern Quebec so seems well insulated, added woodstove just in case.

Can you get pics? Specs you want are on the valve cover.
Mine is a 6 l Cat with speed standard, lots of power and hwy geared, have pushed to 85mph but backed off at that. Nice power thru the gears.

If it breaks, your dogs can tow you in!


Good luck,


John
so far I've just been looking at the ad - the owner has been slow to respond, so I haven't been able to get many details so far - it's a day and half or two day drive each way to see it in person, so I want to find out as much as I can before even committing to drive that far - re: dogs pulling - I've had to hook a team to a vehicle several times to get out of a tough situation - lol
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #17
Bus Nut
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Goose Bay NL
Posts: 260
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
That Sask, bus sounds nice should be pretty clean and minimal rust.
This will be an intriguing build, love dog teams
__________________
Yukon

Handyman and Shenaniganizer
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/97...ion-22324.html
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:02 AM   #18
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 3,807
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I was curious as to what generation my 3060 is. I found an interesting article: https://blog.diesellaptops.com/2016/...els-explained/
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.