Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Hello all.

IdahoJOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:37 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Hello from Mn
Blueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I didnt know what to say in my first post. It's been a rough week, so a PSA: Xylinol is poisonous to animals. Our 30 pound corgi got into some Ice Breakers gum and less than 24 hours later she died. It sucks.

However, after the holidays I have authorization from Household 6 to get the family toy hauler and camping trailer.

I've researched a bit and believe I'd like to find a diesel FE. I plan on chopping the butt off and moving it forward 10 feet, then putting in living arrangements as the years go and we live in it.

That's the plan anyway.

So I'm on the hunt. Anyone in or around southern Idaho that wants to show off their skoolie?
IdahoJOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome!

Not quite Southern Idaho but I am about 60 miles West of Lewiston.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Type 'D' FE buses come in all sizes from small to large. Small being defined as not much more than 20' long up to 40' long.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by chopping the butt and moving it forward. It may be easier to just get a shorter bus.

However, most people would agree that size matters and reducing the interior volume isn't always a good idea. If the purpose is to limit the amount of rear overhang of the chassis, I get that. If the purpose is to build a garage in the back of the bus, I get that as well.

The question still becomes why.

Here is a nice shorter bus with luggage compartments: https://www.goharlows.com/default.as...OwnedInventory

Here is one that is a bit longer: https://www.goharlows.com/default.as...OwnedInventory

Here is a long one that is a bit older but it has the advantage of having the high roof option: https://www.goharlows.com/default.as...OwnedInventory
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote