Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2019, 11:52 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: ford B-70
Engine: Cummins 8.3 liter
New member, in need of place to stay.

Hey guys, I’m new to the Skoolie community. My name is Reuben, I’m 21 and live south of Kansas City.

About my bus:
In February I bought Dave. He’s a forty foot 1986 ward bus on a ford chassis. I bought Dave from a couple near Las Vegas. Was a little nervous about flying out there and driving it back, but all went well! The gas mileage on the 1,200 mile drive back was lesss then ideal. Averaged around 7 miles a gallon. Not completely sure if this is normal or not. The bus is powered by a ford 429 engine put there some time in the past.(don’t know the history on that) This isn’t the stock engine. Anyway.. Dave has had the roof raised 16 inches and been completely gutted and new inch and a half insulation added on the walls floor and ceiling before I bought him.

About myself:
I grew up in the Kansas City area till I was 16 and moved out to southern California and worked as a bee keeper there for two years. Moved back to Kansas City and went to college and earned my associates in automotive technology. Right now I’m working at a crane manufacturing plant, saving up to finish the conversion on Dave.

My problem:
Dave is stored at a friends house and I’m unable to work on it there, and have nowhere to take it to do all that needs to be done. I can’t have it where I live cause of space restrictions.

What I’m looking for:
I’m looking for a place to store Dave and live while I fix him up. I’m open to something near the Kansas City area, or anywhere across the country. I’d like it to be somewhere that’d I’d have access to tools that I don’t own, mainly a welder.

What I have to offer:
In return I can pay rent, or do handyman type projects for you. I’m am quite smart and understand how to do most things. From cars, wood working, landscaping and lawn care, I can operate heavy machinery or use a shovel, can do electrical work
-there’s not too much I can’t figure out and get done. I’m a hard working person, was never given anything I didn’t get for myself.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I’m just trying to feel out the waters here and see if there’s anything anybody has available, or any ideas.
Thank you -Reuben
Attached Thumbnails
F2C3732F-5A7E-48A8-82B2-99DD278B68C3.jpg   F318C8C8-94A3-4D52-BDF7-D8D309924F75.jpg   F09BD21C-D2DA-4EBC-A756-E3640CB8B77E.jpg  

rubydoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:18 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Chassis: GMC or Chevrolet, I hope
Engine: gasser probably
Can't help you.
But from your post, it sound like you are moving forward in life.
Keep at it.
Be well, be safe.
GL with your build.
[emoji3526]
Old 07-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Tc2000
Engine: 5.9 24v
Rated Cap: 27
If you want to move yourself, and Dave, to Utah ( sorry, i know you just made the trip from Las vegas )

The connection I currently have is 100$ a month for storage and place to work on a peach farm. Welder available, woodshop tools available, Rules are replace consumables like blades, sanding belts, hole saws if you wear them out. Replace tools IN KIND if you break them.
Access to heavy duty machinery for bigger projects like tractor or backhoe with hydraulic lift. 50A service available sometimes when Kelly's RV is gone.
Artesian well and drinking water on the property.
Fires prohibited except in the burn pile.
Various steel / salvage metal available to build from for free or cheap on the property ( lots of old junk, I cut up a dozen washing machines for free sheet metal )

I'm not allowed to live in the bus while I work on it, but there are places to rent or roomshare around that are cheap.

If you win over some favor from Kelly you could maybe figure out a way to get the rules changed/bent and live in the bus while you work on it.

Plenty of jobs / work in the area. With the skills you mentioned you could find a job paying 15-17 an hour I would guess. Maybe more if you actually look around rather than taking the first offer.

This isn't my place, so I can't say yes come over here, but if you are interested I know Kelly needs the money I will ask him. And frankly, I could use the help on my own bus, in return for which I could cover your rent/housing somewhere in the area until my own bus is done and I move on.

P.M me if this sounds like what you're looking for.
Jsneeb is offline   Reply With Quote