Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2015, 05:27 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1964
Coachwork: GMC
Chassis: SDM 5302
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6V71
New old guy from Quebec

First of all, I will admit I do not own a school bus, but to me a bus is a bus I just happen to have had a 1964 GMC SDM5302 coach dropped in my lap.

I am Yvan Lacroix, from Granby Quebec. I run a detailing company (www.repare-brise.net), married 3 kids, 8 grand kids, but enough about me. I purchased the bus in Sept that was converted to a motor home in 1991. The couple that sold it to me have lived in it full time, but are now moving to an old folks home. It's been parked since 2006, but with by-annul start ups and he moves it back and forth 10 feet. With that said I trust that I will be needing guidance etc getting the 50 year old classic in top shape.
Since the purchase we have stripped out the complete interior (the PO's full time occupation was smoking) had a full mechanical inspection and had a few things repaired to make it road worthy (for those into mechanical details powered by a Detroit Diesel 6V71 and moved along by a Spicer 4sp manual) The interior is coming along nicely, and the exterior is in the process of being sanded and fixed up for a colour change. Feel free to follow along the picture build in my photobucket feed http://s144.photobucket.com/user/rep...?sort=3&page=1

Old 01-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
welcome, nice looking bus, and your right a bus is a bus ! its good to see another Canadian on board.
gbstewart
Old 01-13-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvan View Post
First of all, I will admit I do not own a school bus, but to me a bus is a bus I just happen to have had a 1964 GMC SDM5302 coach dropped in my lap.

I am Yvan Lacroix, from Granby Quebec. I run a detailing company (www.repare-brise.net), married 3 kids, 8 grand kids, but enough about me. I purchased the bus in Sept that was converted to a motor home in 1991. The couple that sold it to me have lived in it full time, but are now moving to an old folks home. It's been parked since 2006, but with by-annul start ups and he moves it back and forth 10 feet. With that said I trust that I will be needing guidance etc getting the 50 year old classic in top shape.
Since the purchase we have stripped out the complete interior (the PO's full time occupation was smoking) had a full mechanical inspection and had a few things repaired to make it road worthy (for those into mechanical details powered by a Detroit Diesel 6V71 and moved along by a Spicer 4sp manual) The interior is coming along nicely, and the exterior is in the process of being sanded and fixed up for a colour change. Feel free to follow along the picture build in my photobucket feed http://s144.photobucket.com/user/rep...?sort=3&page=1
Hell, I'd take that over a school bus! Those things were solid and ride out nicely.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1964
Coachwork: GMC
Chassis: SDM 5302
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6V71
Thanks
If anyone is photoshop enabled, if you could repaint the blue burgandy I would be greatfull.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:21 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
Here's a quickie
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote