Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #1

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International Harvester
Engine: 360 International Diesel
New Texas members here!

Good afternoon all,
Ben and Joleen here, we've been registered for some time on the forum now and like the progress on our bus lately; participation has been minimal! We are now getting to a point where we are able to put in some hours on our '94 International Thomas body, full size future full time home. At this point in our project, all of the passenger area has been stripped to frame. All of the old insulation has been pulled, floor is up, ceiling sheet metal out and all 2348970239 screws that had to be chiseled off are ground down. We are now heavy into rust removal and coating bare metal throughout the interior. Very soon we will begin our first phase of new insulation/vapor barriers and wood framing. We are feeling the itch more and more each day to make some heavy progress and get out there to put this bad boy to use! I've spent much time over the months looking through these threads and posts, much information is to be had here! Looking forward to being more involved and contributing what we can as time moves forward.

sbsvcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Howdy All --- Always good to hear from a few more Texicans. What part of the Great State are you folks in?
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:46 AM   #3

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International Harvester
Engine: 360 International Diesel
Tango, I was raised in Houston and got the hell out as fast as I could! We're spending our days in the Hill Country now, an hour west of San Antonio.
sbsvcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Sweet! SA is probably my favorite Texas city and I love the area. We need pix of the bus AND the scenery!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:15 PM   #5
Skoolie

I reside just outside of San Antonio. Sure beats Houston's traffic and finicky highways! Anybody else from the Lone Star state want to chime in?

I'm looking at buying our first in the coming week or so.