Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2018, 08:59 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3 international
New to the game

Hi all. I am pretty fresh to the idea of a bus conversion, but I get obsessed with good ideas. I have been doing tons of research lately (Mainly on this site) and it has been very helpful. My wife and I are planning on converting a bus and traveling for a while, then putting down roots and having the bus for our vacations. We have three 50+ pound dogs that we plan on taking with us. I have a bus I am looking at right now but I am having trouble finding all of the specs. It is a 1994 Bluebird Ford edition with a 5.9 Cummings. I haven't been able to find the transmission that is in it. She believes it is original and I have the VIN but I am also wanting to pull a smaller SUV with the bus so from what research I have done I believe this motor would get really bad mileage. Opinions? The bus only has 160K miles on it. She says it's a really solid bus and she has only used it to pick up kids for her daycare. I have not seen it personally yet because she is 3 hours away, but it is priced right if it is a decent set up for long hauls. I can upload some pics later. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Btw my wife and I are both 29 and live in NE Texas. The plan is to travel as much of the U.S. as we can. Other concerns have to do with residual income (we are working on building up enough rent houses for this), and motion sickness. We think that if we get the ride smooth enough our dogs will be ok but it is a concern.

cgillean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Welcome to the site!
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.9, blue bird, cummings, help!