Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2017, 04:43 PM   #1

New to the Skoolie World

I have been in the school bus industry on and off since high school. I have always kicked around the idea of changing one over to an RV (Wife always rolls her eyes at me.) On our latest country music festival it was plenty hot again, and I thought to myself...."I am going to make myself a Pool Bus!" Some guys at the campsite thought it would be a great idea, a lot of the wives laughed. Through my contacts in the industry a kind and generous person I was GIVEN a bus to make my idea of the Pool Bus come alive!! The 2001 Thomas FS65 on an International Chassis with a 5 speed manual transmission showed up yesterday!!! I can't wait to get started and look forward to bouncing ideas off other members, searching this site for answers and getting to know more of you on here!!

fireonice16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Oh yeah...THIS is gonna be fun to watch!!! Is a diving board in the plans?

Oh wait...or are we talking about the Willie Mosconi kind of pool?

Any way... Welcome!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #3

I am looking to only make it about a foot and a half deep. Something to dip the feet in and sit and relax. put some screens in where the windows were to keep the bugs out. The pool will be centered over the rear axle. The front will be enclosed with an AC unit some seats and loops to hook hammocks up to. A portable toilet will be in a privacy room. Now that I have a bus, I have to start figuring out the layout.
fireonice16 is offline   Reply With Quote