Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #1

New to this and live in Portland

Hey everyone. I am new to the idea of building a skoolie but I have a good idea of what I want. I am looking for a 54ish passenger bus with a handicap access door in the back. I race dirtbikes and would like to make that a garage. I dont know much about the buses and what to look for. I would like to find something that goes over 65 mph, has a diesel, and will be easy to find parts. I would like the bus to have the motor in front not a flat front. (probable not saying that right)

What make, model, and years should I be looking for. What is something that can be repaired at most locations? What should I stay away from?

Any info that you can share with me would be greatly appreciated.

poomero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Flat front come in rear or front engine. If you plan on using garage space in the back, a FE has more build room than a CE does. Check out my build thread (The Bucket List) to see the double door mod I made for access to the garage.WC lifts seems like a neat idea for loading bikes, but it's not all roses.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Flat front come in rear or front engine. If you plan on using garage space in the back, a FE has more build room than a CE does. Check out my build thread (The Bucket List) to see the double door mod I made for access to the garage.WC lifts seems like a neat idea for loading bikes, but it's not all roses.
I looked though your thread and holly hell you do good work. You are capable of way more than I can even imagine. Thanks for the info and im sure I will hit you up with questions st some point.
poomero is offline   Reply With Quote