Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Chassis: E350
Engine: 7.3
newb questions

Hey guys,
I've been creeping on y'all forum for a while, and just got the funds to purchase. I'm looking at an Ford E350 7.3l diesel with 265,000 on the odometer, it's listed for $5500. Here is the add...

Nice Cool Bus, just serviced, new LED lights, 7.3 Diesel auto, good AC and heat, new Motorcraft Batteries, new master cylinder, good tires, has a strong power lift (was made for wheelchairs), ew tags and clear title in my name. I purchased this bus from the school that was the original owner. Cash, trade, OBO.

..from the pictures it looks like its in sound condition, I'm in texas so the insides pretty dusty. I'm just wondering what concerns there would be with this purchase, and if it would be worth paying a mechanic to check it out? Im a fabricator, but NOT a mechanic.

thanks,
Alex

FYI…some of y'all setups are ridiculously awesome, and I've dreamt about um!!n!

Turtley12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:54 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

It doesn't sound like a bad price.

Just fyi, for the same $$$ you can find 35' and 40' used yellow buses with the same or fewer miles.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Chassis: E350
Engine: 7.3
I've been looking at cutaways for a few reasons. I always travel with friends and id like not to be the only one i trust driving. We do the festival thing and if it fits in a parking spot, you don't have to pay the extra RV fee. An I'm short on parking space at mi case.
Turtley12 is offline   Reply With Quote