Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2015, 05:29 PM   #1

Hello from Reading, Pa. I'm a newbie to all of this but know my vehicles I'm looking for one to convert to a motor home. hopefully a bluebird with a Cummins. I also have 1946 Sunbeam S8 motorcycle almost done project for trade if anyone is interested.

dirtboyindustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:41 PM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH
Engine: 466
Rated Cap: 64
Run ads on Craigslist for your car, mention you would trade it for a bus. There are pretty good search engines out there that folks can use to find about anything anywhere on Craigslist, and you might be surprised at what response you get. I would put at least three ads out there, one on the east coast, one on the left coast, and one in the middle.
dburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:07 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtboyindustries View Post
Hello from Reading, Pa. I'm a newbie to all of this but know my vehicles I'm looking for one to convert to a motor home. hopefully a bluebird with a Cummins. I also have 1946 Sunbeam S8 motorcycle almost done project for trade if anyone is interested.
I've been trying to sell my bike for a year now.
I have 11 grand in it and I can't even get a phone call from the craigslist ad where I listed it for 1800.
I'm considering putting it on ebay for 1500 with no reserve. Or parting it out.
I had an ad out trying to trade it for a bus. Not one call in a year.
But it could just be the area. I doubt it, but it could be.
I know now is the time of year when those lucky ones get the subsidized, fat tax returns...
Hoping one of them will "need" a motorcycle!
You should post a pic, someone may want your bike, and this is one place you may find someone with a bus for sale or trade.
Dburt has a good idea of posting in a few regions for more exposure. I should try that too.
Now that I have my bus, I'd trade for some other stuff like a genset, welder, and all that fun stuff.
Best of luck to you, and I hope everything works out. Good things happen to good people!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote