Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Iowa
Posts: 25
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Rated Cap: 71
Newbie

Hello everyone! We are in the process of looking for a used International Amtran, 65 passenger or longer. Older model , $6000 0r less. looking forward to talking to the kind folks on this site.
grizzlyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 12,153
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
I'll sell you mine for only 5900.
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stony Plain Alberta Canada
Posts: 2,937
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome.

You should buy EastCoastCB's bus. He already did part of the work for you.

Do you and him live close?

Nat
__________________
"Don't argue with stupid people. They will just drag you down to their level, and beat you up with experience."

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #4
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Gainesville. Georgia
Posts: 526
Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
Wise Guys....don't listen to them, I'll even bet EastCoast wouldn't sell for that price.


Welcome and first decide how far your willing to travel to get your bus and then start checking Craigslist from home to the furthest you will travel. Also check Ebay. Everyday till you happen upon your dream bus.

I'm sure there have been many listing of auctions posted. See what you can find out & start going to as many as you can.

Also, it may help if you tell us where your located.

It usually takes awhile to find the right one (as you have stated) so be patient.

The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:33 AM   #5
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 206
Year: 1997
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84
Back in 2010, I bought a 1997 40' AmTran with MT643 and all mechanical DT466 that was located in-state. Ran me about $4500. No rust. I was extremely lucky to find it after watching for my dream bus like a hawk for a year. Sure I brag a bit, but the point is at $6k the world is your oyster.... just as long as you can find the dang thing.

In retrospect, I do wish I had realized the bus was the cheapest part of a Skoolie!
Timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:21 AM   #6
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 2,241
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Breeze View Post
Wise Guys....don't listen to them, I'll even bet EastCoast wouldn't sell for that price.


Welcome and first decide how far your willing to travel to get your bus and then start checking Craigslist from home to the furthest you will travel. Also check Ebay. Everyday till you happen upon your dream bus.

I'm sure there have been many listing of auctions posted. See what you can find out & start going to as many as you can.

Also, it may help if you tell us where your located.

It usually takes awhile to find the right one (as you have stated) so be patient.

Sounds like a lil "bus-blocking" to me...

__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #7
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 12,153
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
If someone would pay me 6k for my bus, I'd bid on ALL those rad Gilligs in Cali.
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:52 AM   #8
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Iowa
Posts: 25
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Rated Cap: 71
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyred View Post
Hello everyone! We are in the process of looking for a used International Amtran, 65 passenger or longer. Older model , $6000 0r less. looking forward to talking to the kind folks on this site.
Sorry for the lack of information. We live in Marshalltown Iowa. I do appreciate all the comments
grizzlyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Iowa
Posts: 25
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Rated Cap: 71
Well we found a 2002 International Amtran , 190,000 miles for $5,000. It is very clean and we know the lead Bus tech who over sees bus maintenance for the school district. We are fortunate that my wife's son was a bus mechanic and is a diesel mechanic. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions once we get into the conversion.
grizzlyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #10
Bus Crazy
 
Scooternj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: EHT New Jersey
Posts: 1,134
Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3000RE
Engine: T444E/AT545
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyred View Post
Well we found a 2002 International Amtran , 190,000 miles for $5,000. It is very clean and we know the lead Bus tech who over sees bus maintenance for the school district. We are fortunate that my wife's son was a bus mechanic and is a diesel mechanic. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions once we get into the conversion.
I've got an 03 Amtran RE that was a steal, and very pleased with it.
__________________
Hey! That's not an RV, that's a school bus.
Well thank you for noticing, Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious on deviantArt
Scooternj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.