Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Newbie Hello

I'm a 62 yr young jack of all trades and master of some. I believe having a large verity of skills in many trades will come in handy.

I purchased my 1999 Blue Bird last July when I needed transportation to move all my stuff out of Ohio and back to NY. I've been planning on doing a conversion for a while and the lose of that job pushed me to make the plunge. We lived in it for 3 months at a NY state park until we could find a place to live over the winter. Now that the huge amount of snow from this past Buffalo area winter has melted it's time to put some of the dreams into reality.

I've read a lot and viewed videos on how others have done their conversions. Everyone seems to build stud walls as partitions. Being a cabinet maker I've been thinking of using 3/4" oak plywood as the walls and build much of the interior as though it was big cabinets. Does anyone have an experience with this way of building the interior?

steveoutdoorrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #2
Site Team

Year: 1988
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65
howdy, and welcome. man, i love your idea, post some pics or drawings.
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome.

I think it's a great way to maximize interior space and save weight. I'm looking forward to seeing the diversity of your building methods.

And we all love pics.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks. I will be posting pics as well as doing videos for YouTube. I've spent much of the winter looking at how others have done things and think that if I can put up videos of how I do it then someone else may find different ways to do things.

My bus has a wheelchair lift in the back so my wife will be able to get on and off. I'm thinking of putting the bathroom back there in an open concept kind of way. So in more ways then one my project will be different then any others I've seen. This is going to be fun
steveoutdoorrec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabinet_vs_studwall, newbie.bluebird