Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #1

Newbie here!!

Hello to my new skoolie friends!
Im new to this site and looking to start the process for my skoolie soon this year. Hoping to find a bus to buy in next few months. Hadn't been able to decide on which size but I do know i want the dog nose kind. I think a midsize would be best for me. I see a lot of posts on long & short skoolies but haven't really noticed if any were actually midsize (not the long) Are they just as popular? What are the measurements of living space after walls up? Anyone know? Estimate?

Im so excited!! I'm a mother of 4 and grandma of one. Kids are all out on their own also in different states from me(VA) so its time for me!! Keep moving because im just not happy unless im out traveling or doing things with my dog. Here, now, after divorce and kids growing up, moving on... I'm still finding myself and i need the open road with adventures.

Docwaiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:36 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
The Extra Medium bus is great - and popular.
Not too small - not too big... just right.

I have 20' from behind Driver seat to back of bus - so 20' x 7'9"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7848.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	18411

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7544.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	18412
Old 01-11-2018, 11:22 PM   #3

Awesome!!!! Thanks... for months I've been bouncing back and forth between long bus (love the room) or short bus (I feel more comfortable driving & enough room for me). Just could not make a decision, not sure why I NEVER thought about midsize haha. Thanks for the pictures!
Old 01-11-2018, 11:53 PM   #4
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Welcome !

How cool- you reinventing yourself. I got a bus to find out what the next chapter is for me, as well.

I think you will be much happier with a mid-size vs full-length when driving.

Read, read read as it is much less painful than School of Hard Knocks. Ask questions, go test drive some buses. Watch the youtube videos for ideas.

Enjoy.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:20 PM   #5

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Bluebird
What part of VA are you in Docwaiee? I'm in Norfolk, and looking for a midsize bus, as well! They seem to be trickier to find, especially with a diesel engine, so I've had to broaden my search a bit!
trueheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #6

Hey Trueheart, my VA friend!! I'm from Roanoke/Salem. I've been in Mississippi since Christmas visiting 2 of my kids and my grandson.
I'm having trouble with my search as well but have been told they are just as popular as the other buses as far as skoolies go. They are definitely harder to find!!
Old 02-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #7

I'm also in Roanoke and preparing to buy my first bus for myself and my three kids to travel to see family in North Carolina and Indiana!
Worthington is offline   Reply With Quote