Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #1

Newbie Saying Hi

Just wanted to say "hi" but really not a newbie in the skoolie world.
I've had my '56 Ford bus conversion since '99. Ever since then, I've popped in and out of several skoolie/bus sites ...I even joined but they usually lacked activity or were focused on buses other than skoolies. It's very refreshing to see this site is up and running .

At any rate, years pass and I almost forgot about these sites until last week when I decided to pull my "motor coach" out of the pole barn since I parked it several years ago. Originally, my plan was to service it then use it as storage for the many boxes of household goods the wife is packing and boxing in preparation for our move from Ca. to Oregon.
But after I got the bus vacuumed, cleaned and washed, I thought I'd offer her up for sale to see if someone could use a very reliable RV. However, if it doesn't sell, I'll store the household goods in the rear portion of the bus and then when we're ready to move, drive her up from Sacramento area pulling an 18' flatbed trailer with one of my many classic Chevy on it, to Portland where we'll be relocating.

In the mean time, are there any local or regional skoolie gathering coming up? If so, I'd be interested in attending.

Seon

Old 08-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
Skoolie

oregonian saying hi.

hay seon, seen your post and just wanted to say welcome to oregon when you get here. i live about 75 miles west of portland oregon on old hyway 30. it follows the columbia river to astoria. love that ol ford bus of yours and the 454 chevy is sweet. i got a 1984 crown skoolie and 3 dog nose internationals- 1964 20 footer, 1974 25 footer and a newly aquired 1981 21 foot ihc s-series. little tank that one. but anyhow, just waving a hand from n.w. oregon
westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #3

Hi Wayne, thanks for the warm greeting. I'm waving my hand back at you .

Things are moving right along with getting the house ready to show. Might have to keep the bus to transport all the "stuff" up to Oregon. Suggested to the wife that we sell all the furniture, refrigerator and bedroom furniture, then buy all new when we find a place to buy. Just pack clothing and momentos. However, it's probably take about four towing trips, just for the Classic cars and Deere tractor.