Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2017, 11:00 AM   #1

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Newbie from Ontario Canada... thinking of becoming a Skoolie.

Good morning everyone. I am so happy to have found this place. Maybe I won't feel like such a crazy. Everyone thinks I am nuts. So....quick introduction. My name is Kelly. I live in Ontario Canada. I am a single Parent but date an amazing man....we just don't cohabitate. I am a very square peg.... he a very round hole. That being said... somehow we make it work. For longer than I can remember I have said that when my daughter moves out I was going to sell everything I own and build a tiny house. I am tired of being a slave to life. Over the last few years my I have fallen in love with school buses. I have perused the net.. scoured pics...dreamed of owning my own and creating an amazing space.

Last year I found a bus. I go and visit it all the time. LOL I lost my job this past year and my dreams were put on hold but I still fantasized. I decided to go and visit it yesterday. The price had come down substantially. I took pictures and asked a mechanic friend to go look at it... and asked some carpenter people for their thoughts. I have a job waiting for me but the contact doesn't start until MArch of next year... heading up a store. So in the meantime I have put my name into casual sales clerk jobs to tide me over. Oddly.... as I was "visiting" my bus I got a call from a local Hardware store for a full time position. Hello store discount!!!! To me.....this was my sign.

So I came home last night...excited like a wee child and announced I was going to buy this bus. I have worked very hard to pay off my credit cards and they are free and clear to purchase this bus. Everyone just shakes their head. I couldn't sleep last night. This past year I was part of a grant program because I wanted to open a store. I was denied and the wind taken right out of my sails. So.....I have decided to incorporate my business into my bus. No more housing cost...no more rental cost. I know it will take me more than a year to attain my goal and in the meantime I will stay in my current house. This way there is no rush and everything can be done proper.

I am excited but scared shitless at the same time. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have not purchased the bus as of yet but I can see that in the next 2 weeks. I want this to be my paradise. And now.....the purging of STUFF begins!!! I can't wait to meet you all. Are there any people from Ontario Canada here????

RedDreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:20 PM   #2

Year: ?
Coachwork: ?
Chassis: ?
Engine: ?
Rated Cap: ?
Hello fellow Canadian!
I'm from Saskatchewan...so can't be much of a local help.
But, I applaud you for going your own way.
Similar story for me as well.
I'm planning on a cross Canada bus trip when I'm ready with the new bus.
You'll do fine I'm sure.
Cheers!
Gary
Jed Clampett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian, newbie