Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2018, 10:11 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

As far as the backup camera it came with about 10 feet of wire for a car or truck but my bus is 37 ft long so I need to get a new wire for it that's longer and I have no idea what type of wire I have to try to look it up on the package tomorrow in the daylight as far as my trailer hitch I have an adjustable trailer hitch and the bus says underneath don't weld anything to a bus so the guys that have looked at it say it needs to be bolted on but nobody seems to know what drills or whatever to use to get through that thick metal I need 6 holes drilled for that and the people I talk to you about it are busy and not getting back with me as far as wiring I'm not wearing my bus my generator has two plug-ins and I bought too heavy duty extension cords with three plugs in the end so I can plug six things in that should be adequate but I'm not putting in light switches and plugins in a box and all that stuff however I've got a 800 what solar panel kit I also wanted to hook that up to a battery so I could run a heater at night and not have to run my generator at night and be loud in campgrounds and everything I've never used to generator and I really know nothing about electrical that's why I said in my first letter I'm in over my head I do notknow what I'm doing but I'm already here and already living in it so I just trying to deal with it and get what I can done

Goodifieddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:22 AM   #22
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Been quite awhile, my friend, you still kicking?
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:55 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Barely

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
Been quite awhile, my friend, you still kicking?
I'm not doing very well life has been really tough, freezing in the winter and burning up in the summer I can't find anybody mechanical to help me with any of that stuff, at least that will show up more than once. Thanks for asking though
Goodifieddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:07 AM   #24
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Being 1000+ miles away, all I can do is research and connect where I can... Well, I can at least help with the backup camera deal... Video cameras generally have one of two types of connectors, BNC, and composite (RCA-style phono-shaped plug). The good news is, BNC can be adapted readily to composite. I'm pretty sure composite can be adapted easily to BNC as well...

RCA-style video cables MUST be MADE for video, a standard audio-style RCA cable may or may not work, I think I had some hit-and-miss trying this when I used my old B700 for a security shack... But if the connection is already a composite RCA, or can be adapted to one, a simple extension (male-to-female) RCA video cable (or two) should do the trick... Your power leads, quite honestly, can be simply spliced into your reverse light wires anywhere at the rear, inline with the sockets (there will be two wires, usually the lighter color is the 12V, the darker color will be the ground).

Were you able to connect with the guy that owns and built Transcendence? I understand he's pretty good with helping people with skoolie builds and such. Though I'm sure he would need a little something for the effort... Not sure what your financial / employment situation is...
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote