Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #1

Noob in nc trying to figure out a toy hauler

So I might be short lived on here I just don’t know what I want to do. I need a way to get 1 car to a race track with turns 4 times a year, 1 car to a race track without turns a few times a year, 1 car to car shows every now and then. And it would be cool to not need a hotel when I get to these places.

Basically. I’m trying to figure out if I should get a crew cab 1 ton and an enclosed trailer, a pusher school bus and an enclosed trailer, or hack up a dog house school bus into a small sleeping quarters area with an enclosed vehicle storage at the rear in some sort of ramp truck configuration.

I can weld, I can work on stuff but I don’t know much about diesels or chassis of this size.

I would like to be able to go 70-75, and I would like to be able to climb at a reasonable speed so power is key. I won’t mind running compound turbos or beefing up the fueling to do it but I’ll need help picking transmissions .
I wouldn’t mind having a manual so if that’s the best bet I’m down.

Am I better off spending 30-40k and getting a lightly used 1 ton truck with a tuner etc or can I make the skoolie idea work with similar results ?

Sumfoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote