Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2019, 01:17 PM   #1

Noob!! Looking to get started!!

Hello all!!

I have been wanting to do this for a very long time. Now, as a flight/travel RN I have the means($$).

I am still in the research/feasibility stage, but I believe this is doable.

My goal is to live in my bus for the next 5-10 years while I travel the country on assignments/contracts in Emergency Rooms. The typical contract is 13 weeks, but they can last longer. More than likely will be staying in RV parks and/or state parks with hookups... However, my ideal bus will have off-grid capability for some boondocking as well.

I have very limited carpentry/plumbing/electrical experience, therefore I am looking for companies that can do most of the build for me. I have spoken with and visited 2 in Denver and one looks very promising!!

Looking to keep the budget under $50k including cost of bus and any mechanical work necessary before build. This will be my HOME... so I am looking for quality work for a dependable rig.

I am looking for any suggestions for not only bus/engine/trans combos, but any companies to do a quality build as well.

My requirements:

Diesel
Front Engine
Preferably Flat Nose
ROOF RAISE!! I am 6'5"
RV hookups/Off grid capability
Must tow my car
Bulk of travel will be off highway

Any seasoned advice is greatly appreciated!!

cda3

cda3MedicRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:03 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cda3MedicRN View Post
Hello all!!

I have been wanting to do this for a very long time. Now, as a flight/travel RN I have the means($$).

I am still in the research/feasibility stage, but I believe this is doable.

My goal is to live in my bus for the next 5-10 years while I travel the country on assignments/contracts in Emergency Rooms. The typical contract is 13 weeks, but they can last longer. More than likely will be staying in RV parks and/or state parks with hookups... However, my ideal bus will have off-grid capability for some boondocking as well.

I have very limited carpentry/plumbing/electrical experience, therefore I am looking for companies that can do most of the build for me. I have spoken with and visited 2 in Denver and one looks very promising!!

Looking to keep the budget under $50k including cost of bus and any mechanical work necessary before build. This will be my HOME... so I am looking for quality work for a dependable rig.

I am looking for any suggestions for not only bus/engine/trans combos, but any companies to do a quality build as well.

My requirements:

Diesel
Front Engine
Preferably Flat Nose
ROOF RAISE!! I am 6'5"
RV hookups/Off grid capability
Must tow my car
Bulk of travel will be off highway

Any seasoned advice is greatly appreciated!!

cda3
welcome to the forum - i'll be interested to follow your build
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote