Old 12-14-2015, 01:21 AM   #11
From the first set of bus seats I shortened the seat back. The ones in the bus were high back, I'm guessing head rest kinda safety seats. These short back benches might end up in the bus as the dining booth, just missing the Indian blanket seat covers.

The back cushions are meant to set closer to the seat cushions. They are held on to the tubing with conduit brackets.

I'm making a bench for the wall side of our new kitchen table. The bench needs to fit between the legs so we can push the table all the way to the wall.

Yeah I do jigsaw puzzles, no big deal, I'm an old man, give me a break.

I was born in Michigan we played lots of card games and put puzzles together. The winters can be long and boring.
Plus I'm an old man.

The bus seats need to be taller, for full sized adults, kitchen chair height is about 18" to the seat. Also the bench needs to slide under the table.

The bottom cushions are laid back, but I'm thinking the bench top would rather be flat. So I cut up some the the extra seat frames and made it happen. Cut the straight leg and added 3 inches, then screwed a 1 by into the workbench at the height I wanted. I pivoted the frame till the seat was level and measured for the slanted back leg.
noahmillercatapillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:58 PM   #12
After a short delay, back to work on the bus. This is a shot of the bus at the start of the day.

We were having trouble getting the screws out with a drill motor. The torque gun worked much better. Overhead gets pretty tiring after a short time, so I brought the bench I'm making to get closer.

The underside of the roof looks great, no rust so far. This bus isn't that old and I wasn't expecting rust. The wiring for lights and speakers was taped up, then fiberglass insulation, then the perforated sheet metal.
Dumped the sheet metal in the recycling center and trashed the insulation. They read that the fiberglass would off gas forever, but whatever. I would have left it in place along with the sheet metal and paneled over it.

:dunno: Not my project.

I was hoping to use the sheet metal for another project, but my son reminded me that mom probably wouldn't appreciate more material storage in our backyard. We are already storing the seat frames, they are going to the scrapper. Hoping to get some money out of them.

This is the end of the day shot. Note the wall panel angled off the wall. We don't have access to power at the storage lot, so it's cordless all the way. The cordless grinder went through 3 batteries and one grinding wheel to get 3 panels off. The wall panels are spot welded to the window frame and you have to take the windows out to get to the spot welds. We are just cutting them close to the frame for now.
noahmillercatapillar is offline   Reply With Quote