Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2017, 09:55 PM   #1

PA bus finally registered and insured..

Holy Mackerel, What an adventure so far and hardly put a mile on the bus .
A big Howdy from Philadelphia Y'all. I'm finally a skoolie, long time dream . I ended up with a 98 Chevy 3500 minibus from Collins, and it's gas . Wait don't leave it was 800.00 with 100k and zero rust,new tires,brakes and in great shape..And honestly I had a couple beers , bid on the bus, and in the morning , I was scratching my head , and I owned a bus.. So the adventure started.
My first delema ,I live in an apt w no parking, I had to find somewhere to keep my bus. My buddy whom owns an auto body shop lets me keep it there. A BIG THANKS Matt.
My second delema getting it there . A tow for 250.00 solved that.
My third delema how to register and insure the bus in PA. Thanks to this site I got the info I needed to transfer the title from a bus to a truck , yes not an RV , for now ... I had to do this so I could get the bus on the road ASAP. The requirements for an RV in PA is 4 out of 7 state mandated improvements. I don't have the time, money, and resources to accomplish this yet. So by removing the seats, stop sign,swing arm, and school bus signage,getting an enhanced inspection, and getting it weighed. It is now a "truck" . I can now drive my bus anywhere. It is fully insured and titled as a truck . I will slowly convert this baby into an RV at my convenience.. I'm definitely jealous of the ease of going from bus to RV in other states..
So so far I took out the metal ceiling and some side walls. to insulate and run my wireing. I'll upload some pics and updates along the way . Peace ...
And thanks for all the people that took the time to post the info that helps everyone out ..
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20161007_164759724.jpg  

GetOnDeBusMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:03 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins ISC 260HP/660Q/MD3060 6spd
Rated Cap: 81
Sounds like an impulsive buy. So was mine except it's 38 feet long.

Good luck with it and have fun with your truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
howdy, insurance, mini bus, p.a, registration