Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2019, 09:14 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I think I do see a continued taper at the back, can't see from outside. Don't know if it tapers another 10 though. Critcal measurement to take twice right now is how tall your rigs are. Then you'll know if a roof raise is in the works.
Yes I took measurements. my current toy which is a big bigger(longer, wider, and taller) than what I am currently building is a Solid Axle Swapped Tracker lifted(no cutting of the fenders) on 33" tires. I measured it to be about 74" tall at its tallest point and from the back of the truck to the front of the snorkel it is under 7ft.

I measured underneath the winch that raises the door to be 78" then measured 7ft in from the back and it is 76" so will be tight but doable... However the one thing I didn't think about until now is the cable line on the winch to raise/lower the door if that will touch the rear of the sidekick or not when the door is completely down... worse case it does then I just take the top off it it to clear. Or use rollers.

Injunfarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:19 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injunfarian View Post
Yes I took measurements. my current toy which is a big bigger(longer, wider, and taller) than what I am currently building is a Solid Axle Swapped Tracker lifted(no cutting of the fenders) on 33" tires. I measured it to be about 74" tall at its tallest point and from the back of the truck to the front of the snorkel it is under 7ft.

I measured underneath the winch that raises the door to be 78" then measured 7ft in from the back and it is 76" so will be tight but doable... However the one thing I didn't think about until now is the cable line on the winch to raise/lower the door if that will touch the rear of the sidekick or not when the door is completely down... worse case it does then I just take the top off it it to clear. Or use rollers.
Move the winch to the side.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:22 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjzuk View Post
Yep. That was my name on a Suzuki forum from probably 15 years ago and i keep it on all the forums since i suck at coming up with names. Ive built several samurais over the years, but with a family of 6, I've grown out of them for now. I hope to get back into it someday and an lj would make a great project. Here's my last zuk before i sold it. Attachment 38386
Very nice, yeah I was Injunfarian on most forums as well(Pirate4x4, Zukikrawlers, Zookpower etc.

That is a nice zuk you had, I have had several over the years however currently down to 1 Geo Tracker, 1 Asuna Sunrunner, 1 SJ413, 1 SJ410, and 3 LJs.

The geo tracker is my current offroad toy while my LJ crawler is being built, the sunrunner is just a parts truck for the tracker.

The SJ413 i am likely going to rob some parts from it for the LJ build(use the axle housings to build custom hybrid axles with tracker R&P, samurai carrier and housing, shave, reduce size to match that of the stock LJ, chromolly axles and full floaters front/rear with disc brakes and manual locking hubs on all 4 corners) the SJ410 is a donor for the LJ build .. going to replace the F8A(800cc) engine with the F10A(1000cc) engine from the SJ410, likely will turbo it. Then use the transmission from the SJ410 with the tail housing/5th gear from the SJ413 to make a custom 5sp that will bolt up to the F series engines.

Going coil over suspension, virtual lift to keep it as low as possible while still clearing 33-34" tires and as much flex as possible with the narrow LJ axles. I want to stay narrow and 1000cc so I can still ride on ATV/UTV trails that have displacement and width/length restrictions. As well as be able to easily fit in the bus and still have alot of working space on either side to do any repairs etc.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:24 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Move the winch to the side.
Could be an option if there is any conflicts but hoping all will work out as is.. hoping to find out this weekend.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:30 PM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injunfarian View Post
Very nice, yeah I was Injunfarian on most forums as well(Pirate4x4, Zukikrawlers, Zookpower etc.

That is a nice zuk you had, I have had several over the years however currently down to 1 Geo Tracker, 1 Asuna Sunrunner, 1 SJ413, 1 SJ410, and 3 LJs.

The geo tracker is my current offroad toy while my LJ crawler is being built, the sunrunner is just a parts truck for the tracker.

The SJ413 i am likely going to rob some parts from it for the LJ build(use the axle housings to build custom hybrid axles with tracker R&P, samurai carrier and housing, shave, reduce size to match that of the stock LJ, chromolly axles and full floaters front/rear with disc brakes and manual locking hubs on all 4 corners) the SJ410 is a donor for the LJ build .. going to replace the F8A(800cc) engine with the F10A(1000cc) engine from the SJ410, likely will turbo it. Then use the transmission from the SJ410 with the tail housing/5th gear from the SJ413 to make a custom 5sp that will bolt up to the F series engines.

Going coil over suspension, virtual lift to keep it as low as possible while still clearing 33-34" tires and as much flex as possible with the narrow LJ axles. I want to stay narrow and 1000cc so I can still ride on ATV/UTV trails that have displacement and width/length restrictions. As well as be able to easily fit in the bus and still have alot of working space on either side to do any repairs etc.
Awesome. You're making me wish I had the time and money to start a new build lol. One of these days.
yjzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:00 PM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

The first of many purchases for the bus... the first pics of them on the trailer are my actual seats... the other pictures are just showing what they are and how they function... they are 3way bench seats from a full size camping van complete with legal seat belts.

The bus just went from a legal single seater.... to a legal 7 passenger! With dinette and fold down bed!

Definitely going to refurbish them.. fresh paint on the metal and new foam/fabric but definitely a good start.. going to be replacing these 2 couches(that don't have seatbelts) with these 2 benches then a small kitchenette on the opposite side(if space permits..)

Old 11-17-2019, 05:00 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

I have created an actual Project thread for those who are interested in following the build...

Also for anyone that asked for pictures of the dovetail etc I have posted some and working on uploading a video to YouTube.

Here is the new thread: http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/mi...bus-29390.html