Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-02-2017, 09:41 PM   #21
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 684
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bus_102_ View Post
Ohhh. So the bus must had the hood replaced back in its days

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
Very good possibility. Consider some bus yard had 50-100 (or more) buses in the fleet and one of 'em blows an engine. So it's parked out back for parts. Now another bus (the one you bought, possibly) gets involved in a minor fender-bender. Well, instead of a new hood and bumper (at several thousand dollars), they rob the ones off the blown engine one ...

It's a pretty common scenario that plays out in the big truck realm all the time ... and many IH parts interchange from the early 80's all the way to the late 90's or early 2000's.
Brad_SwiftFur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #22
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 684
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bus_102_ View Post
What year did they stop making the side emergency exit on school buses

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
They haven't. It just depends if it was ordered with them.
Brad_SwiftFur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #23
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur View Post
Very good possibility. Consider some bus yard had 50-100 (or more) buses in the fleet and one of 'em blows an engine. So it's parked out back for parts. Now another bus (the one you bought, possibly) gets involved in a minor fender-bender. Well, instead of a new hood and bumper (at several thousand dollars), they rob the ones off the blown engine one ...

It's a pretty common scenario that plays out in the big truck realm all the time ... and many IH parts interchange from the early 80's all the way to the late 90's or early 2000's.
That's what my school bus yard does. Old buses that broke down and couldn't keep it running or wouldn't run no more it's used as parts. And we had like five of them like that. They was used as parts

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:44 PM   #24
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur View Post
They haven't. It just depends if it was ordered with them.
Ohhh. I haven't seen them In a long time so I thought they stopped making them like that

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #25
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 10,412
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bus_102_ View Post
What year did they stop making the side emergency exit on school buses

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
Never "stopped". Depends on how the bus is ordered, man.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #26
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Never "stopped". Depends on how the bus is ordered, man.
Ok. That for telling me. To be honest some buses look better with the side door

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:01 PM   #27
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 10,412
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bus_102_ View Post
Ok. That for telling me. To be honest some buses look better with the side door

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
My big bus has one. I like having lots of doors.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:02 PM   #28
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
My big bus has one. I like having lots of doors.
Same. I like the look. What your bus look like, man

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #29
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 10,412
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bus_102_ View Post
Same. I like the look. What your bus look like, man

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
click the big bold link at the bottom of this post that says "roll your own".
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:18 PM   #30
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
click the big bold link at the bottom of this post that says "roll your own".
I don't see it

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.