Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #41
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
im with EC on this.. our batteries are likely to die from age long before we kill them in service.. so buy whats on sale..

exception being if you are relying on your bus in extreme conditions with virtually no ability to get a charge or help if you end up with dead batteries.. then i might be inclined to go for "better" batteries...

for me my bus may be daily driver but im not in dire straits if it doesnt run..

even those of us that drive nearly every day arent putting the strain on the batteries that busses in school service are getting..

up north you got busses being started every day at the coldest part of the morning.. then all the heaters and lights are turned on.. the bus idles and slows from stop to stop.. the batteries lose charge during this time... then they get a short time to charge up while the bus is at some street speed for a few minutes to run the kids onto the school.. it gets parked for a few hours, only to do it all over again in the afternoon..

thats some serious strain on batteries..

31's over 8D any day... theres no way I could lift an 8D!

-Christopher

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:25 AM   #42
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
im with EC on this.. our batteries are likely to die from age long before we kill them in service.. so buy whats on sale..

exception being if you are relying on your bus in extreme conditions with virtually no ability to get a charge or help if you end up with dead batteries.. then i might be inclined to go for "better" batteries...

for me my bus may be daily driver but im not in dire straits if it doesnt run..

even those of us that drive nearly every day arent putting the strain on the batteries that busses in school service are getting..

up north you got busses being started every day at the coldest part of the morning.. then all the heaters and lights are turned on.. the bus idles and slows from stop to stop.. the batteries lose charge during this time... then they get a short time to charge up while the bus is at some street speed for a few minutes to run the kids onto the school.. it gets parked for a few hours, only to do it all over again in the afternoon..

thats some serious strain on batteries..

31's over 8D any day... theres no way I could lift an 8D!

-Christopher
Ok. I'll go with 31 group batteries

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote