The further I dig into this bus the more good things I find and the luckier I feel for grabbing this abandoned project. Spent two hours on cleanup and sorting through a bunch of NOS bus parts that were lying all over the floor and found brand new and still in the boxes tie rods, wheel bearings, oil filters, front brake pads and even two new rear brake drums.
All those parts and more including all the brake lines and exhaust had already been replaced and have less than 30 miles on any of them. The son of the guy I got the bus from works at the School Board Maintenance garage so it's not hard to figure out why the old girl works so good and has so many spare parts LOL. Those guys did a lot of work on that bus but once they came into a little money and the family got bigger they went with a motorhome and enclosed trailer instead and the bus project got ignored for a couple of years. Then I was at the right place at the right time and had the right subject come up and the rest is history.
Still looks messy but most of my cleanup time was spent carrying all those parts 200' to the garage and putting them away. All except for those heavy brake drums - those will make the trip in the bucket of the tractor.