Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9 24v
Rated Cap: 54 passenger
Savannah GA

So a few of you have come through here, I seen y'alls Instagram posts. I've gotten to live here and raise my about to be 18 yr old son here. When he goes off to college I plan to go off to my bus. I miss my desert heat.

I rearranged my finances and discovered a few thousand extra dollars. I planned on lurking here about another year but I decided to take this money and do an active search for my new home. It will likely be a slow demolition and prolonged development stage before I get into any serious conversion. But that's good. It will be nice to have the home and begin planning it's features.

So here's to finding the perfect bus by tomorrow. Or maybe the day after. Or hopefully before I buy something shiny with that money I set aside!

JDSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #2

Did you start on your bus yet?

We are moving to Savannah tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSquared View Post
So a few of you have come through here, I seen y'alls Instagram posts. I've gotten to live here and raise my about to be 18 yr old son here. When he goes off to college I plan to go off to my bus. I miss my desert heat.

I rearranged my finances and discovered a few thousand extra dollars. I planned on lurking here about another year but I decided to take this money and do an active search for my new home. It will likely be a slow demolition and prolonged development stage before I get into any serious conversion. But that's good. It will be nice to have the home and begin planning it's features.

So here's to finding the perfect bus by tomorrow. Or maybe the day after. Or hopefully before I buy something shiny with that money I set aside!
MazzyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSquared View Post

Best of luck JD !!
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:47 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazzyBus View Post
We are moving to Savannah tomorrow.
Into a house or with your bus? Welcome to the neighborhood.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:13 PM   #5

Well. Moving into a family house that's been sitting for decades. Gotta do as much work as possible so we have places to shower, eat. keep our dogs. When house is livable (we only have a week to get it ready) we'll start conversion. We already ripped it out here in FL. We're going to be over by Daffin Park. I grew up in Savannah.
MazzyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:28 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazzyBus View Post
Well. Moving into a family house that's been sitting for decades. Gotta do as much work as possible so we have places to shower, eat. keep our dogs. When house is livable (we only have a week to get it ready) we'll start conversion. We already ripped it out here in FL. We're going to be over by Daffin Park. I grew up in Savannah.
Welcome home then. Your profile isn't filled out so I don't know what kind of bus you have. I'm guessing you can park it on your property?

Mine is parked at a storage place down the 204. Right next to another one. But they're trying to head out to Alaska this month.

Good luck with the move. Let me know if you need anything.