Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #21
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 10,412
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
This would be the most sensible choice, imo. Looks like its got a 4bt?
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...87&acctid=6250
2003 Freightliner M-Line INCOMPLETE CHASSIS, 4.3L L4 DIESEL.


__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 68
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800 7.3L
Not bad at all. I wish it told the dimensions of the cargo area. Also not sure what incomplete chassis means, but I saved it as a favorite to check out if the bus option doesn't go through. Thanks!
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 68
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800 7.3L
I found the bus on Craigslist at the Tampa Bay Market place that seemed like it was low on power steering. Here are the pics.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/bfs/6040963114.html

I just bought a ScanGauge so I can hook it up and check it out since some of the gauges aren't working. It'll be great to have for daily use anyway. I also like the idea of getting another one and daisy chaining it like GreyCoyote did.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VX2NP4W
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #24
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 10,412
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Not bad at all. I wish it told the dimensions of the cargo area. Also not sure what incomplete chassis means, but I saved it as a favorite to check out if the bus option doesn't go through. Thanks!
"incomplete chassis just means someone built the chassis and someone else made the body. Like a bus, van, ambulance...
This thing will KILL a bus on MPG's.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:41 PM   #25
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 10,412
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I found the bus on Craigslist at the Tampa Bay Market place that seemed like it was low on power steering. Here are the pics.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/bfs/6040963114.html

I just bought a ScanGauge so I can hook it up and check it out since some of the gauges aren't working. It'll be great to have for daily use anyway. I also like the idea of getting another one and daisy chaining it like GreyCoyote did.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VX2NP4W
Looks just like my $1700 one only with less headroom and probably older tires.
And just like the 96 that's ending in a couple days up in GA. Its only gona go for a couple grand maybe less.
Whats the axle ratio on this dealer bus you're gonna buy?
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #26
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 6,296
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
scangauge is a nice device to have for sure!.. that one you mentioned using it for daily use.. you can only use it with a commercial bus, not a regular car.. it speaks J1708 / 1939 but not OBD2.. os itll only be good in your bus.
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:41 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 68
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800 7.3L
ECCB - You're thinking I should bid on this one? https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...59&acctid=2711

I don't want to overstep anyone on the forum if they are bidding on it already, but I think someone mentioned concerns with it only going like 55 mph. That would suck driving that all the way from GA at that speed on I75. Let alone not knowing what else is wrong with it sight unseen.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw a 2k proxy bid on it. You think? Then another $200 for a one way flight up there and probably another $200 for gas to get it down here (600 miles). Savings of 2k that can go into any repairs and the removal project too. Hmm...


Christopher - Thanks, yeah I'm glad I researched the connection first before buying on Amazon today because I was about to get the one for a car until something told me to find out where to plug in the dang thing and that's when I saw where it took a different type.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #28
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 10,412
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
ECCB - You're thinking I should bid on this one? https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...59&acctid=2711

I don't want to overstep anyone on the forum if they are bidding on it already, but I think someone mentioned concerns with it only going like 55 mph. That would suck driving that all the way from GA at that speed on I75. Let alone not knowing what else is wrong with it sight unseen.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw a 2k proxy bid on it. You think? Then another $200 for a one way flight up there and probably another $200 for gas to get it down here (600 miles). Savings of 2k that can go into any repairs and the removal project too. Hmm...


Christopher - Thanks, yeah I'm glad I researched the connection first before buying on Amazon today because I was about to get the one for a car until something told me to find out where to plug in the dang thing and that's when I saw where it took a different type.
I'd buy it myself if it were later in the summer. I'm tapped out financially for a month or two or three.
55 isn't too bad. I wonder what the dealer buses axle ratios are.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:14 PM   #29
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 68
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800 7.3L
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by axle ratios. The bus is about 25' long I'd say. Excuse my lack of knowledge in that area. Is it something I can ask him?
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:17 PM   #30
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 68
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800 7.3L
Does this information help in any way? I took a picture of the information on both buses that I tested. It was posted up in the front.







Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.