Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2019, 11:14 PM   #1

Post Skoolie Questions

Hey first post here im a 27 year old male living in NYC and ive been learning about skoolies and school buses for the last couples month and im obsessed lol. Also its safe to say im pretty new to this. Im thinking about getting a short bus or mini bus and using it to record a podcast and little fun things while being about to be on the move. I have a couple of questions that it would be great if the community can help me out with. Before i start spilling questions my goal with the bus is to keep it parked in front of my place for the most part but from time to time maybe drive it a max of 8hrs once every couple months for fun. Dont plan on doing a live in situation mostly will just gut out chairs and put insulation new floors the basics. My budget is about $3k-$6k. Thank You!!

My questions are...

If i plan on selling t-shirts or something inside of the bus would i get slack from police for not having a commercial plates?

How easy will it be for me to get registration/insurance and i would like to get regular passenger plates for the bus, will that be an issue if i bought my bus on craigslist instead of a dealership.

Diesel or V6/V8. Ive looked up enough to see that diesels of course last longer and buying high mileage isn't as terrible my concern is living in a cold area and is maintenance more expensive and frequent on the diesels motors.
What motors or models should i avoid or look into with my budget. (i know i could find this answer in like 50 post here but i figured id add it with the other questions)

Anything i should look into or be concerned about that i didn't mention?

thank you again!

Koponb13 is offline   Reply With Quote