Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-16-2019, 11:54 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Cameronbraaap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Northern California
Posts: 12
Year: 1992
Sled hauler

New to posting. In the process of converting my 92 tc2000 into a skoolie snowmobile hauler. I've found lots of awesome info on this page. Figured it was time to cave and open an account as I have lots more questions. Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190604_172228.jpg (397.3 KB, 27 views)
Cameronbraaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:18 AM   #2
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 448
Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30
Engine: 350 Chevy
Rated Cap: 10K
Looks good. Why not have a rear door to get into the bus from the deck?
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie
 
Cameronbraaap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Northern California
Posts: 12
Year: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteg59 View Post
Looks good. Why not have a rear door to get into the bus from the deck?
I chose not to put a door in for a few reasons. Mostly it would cut off a ton of useable space on the interior floor plan. The back area is a bedroom with a bed against the wall. I figure, how often does one enter the bed of their truck through the back cab window?. Lol
Cameronbraaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 1,971
Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronbraaap View Post
New to posting. In the process of converting my 92 tc2000 into a skoolie snowmobile hauler. I've found lots of awesome info on this page. Figured it was time to cave and open an account as I have lots more questions. Lol


plan on building a toy hauler myself so always looking for ideas - I like what you are doing with yours - how long is the rear deck?
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie
 
Cameronbraaap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Northern California
Posts: 12
Year: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
plan on building a toy hauler myself so always looking for ideas - I like what you are doing with yours - how long is the rear deck?
It's about 8'6. The same size as the average sleddeck on a longbed
Cameronbraaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #6
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 1,971
Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronbraaap View Post
It's about 8'6. The same size as the average sleddeck on a longbed


that must be a longgggg bus!
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:53 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie
 
Cameronbraaap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Northern California
Posts: 12
Year: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
that must be a longgggg bus!
The bus is 37' bumper to bumper. I just now measured the deck since the wall has been finished and its 8' 3.5". I'll have similar track hang to a sleddeck. Not worried about it
Cameronbraaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:03 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,198
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronbraaap View Post
The bus is 37' bumper to bumper. I just now measured the deck since the wall has been finished and its 8' 3.5". I'll have similar track hang to a sleddeck. Not worried about it
Will your sled fit in 8'? When designing my garage I considered making it big enough for snowmobiles. I called my brother to see if he would measure his, close to 12', no way I was taking that much build room from up front.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Cameronbraaap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Northern California
Posts: 12
Year: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Will your sled fit in 8'? When designing my garage I considered making it big enough for snowmobiles. I called my brother to see if he would measure his, close to 12', no way I was taking that much build room from up front.
I've been driving around for years with 2 sleds on an 8' sleddeck on my truck.. I dont see why the same size deck on a bus would be an issue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180330_082413.jpg (101.1 KB, 16 views)
Cameronbraaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:24 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie
 
Cameronbraaap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Northern California
Posts: 12
Year: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Will your sled fit in 8'? When designing my garage I considered making it big enough for snowmobiles. I called my brother to see if he would measure his, close to 12', no way I was taking that much build room from up front.
I ride 155s so there is a bit of overhang, but nothing I'm worried about
Cameronbraaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.