Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2016, 11:22 PM   #1

Talking Slowly learning in Georgia.

Hello, all. Simian here. We've been discussing moving out of our 1600 sq ft Townhouse into a Tiny Home of some kind for a while now, but recently we've started to lean towards a bus for mobility's sake. The family consists of me, my wife, and our 18 month old son. Gonna be interesting regardless.

Is there any kind of jargon lexicon around here? Maybe a Wiki discussing the advantages/disadvantages of front engine, flat nose, different engine and transmission types, etc? Or do I just need to buckle down and read most of the forum, which I'd totally be OK with ( )

Anyways, really glad that I was pointed in this direction. Looks like there's tons of info and helpful people around.

Simian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:49 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 66
Welcome! Down in coastal GA here! Tricky state, unfortunately, for title and tags... we're currently navigating that mine field and I will certainly share our findings/experience with the Skoolie community. Good luck!
rjnye79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:53 PM   #3
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnye79 View Post
Welcome! Down in coastal GA here! Tricky state, unfortunately, for title and tags... we're currently navigating that mine field and I will certainly share our findings/experience with the Skoolie community. Good luck!
P.S. I write this as I lay in bed, inside our bus, listening to the rain fall outside... a mighty nice feeling, I must say.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnye79 View Post

We're still at least a couple years away from making it a reality, but I've been reading up on registering in Georgia. Seems people either have no trouble at all, or hit a brick wall. Hopefully the Vermont loophole stays open.

Sounds like you've got a nice little slice of heaven down there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Simian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:26 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Chassis: International
Engine: 9.L
Rated Cap: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simian View Post
We're still at least a couple years away from making it a reality, but I've been reading up on registering in Georgia. Seems people either have no trouble at all, or hit a brick wall. Hopefully the Vermont loophole stays open.

Sounds like you've got a nice little slice of heaven down there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Vermont loophole?

You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:27 AM   #6
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
Vermont loophole?

You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to
Vermont will issue a vehicle registration, by mail, for about $80, even if you don't live there. That can then be transferred into your home state.