Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2017, 01:07 AM   #1

So much to learn...

Hey everyone,

I have been scouring the site, reading tips, watching videos, getting ideas and figuring a lot of this out. Very excited to get a hold of a bus and start converting.

I am leaning towards a short bus but plan to drive and live in full time. Will just be me mostly but on occasion I will have others.

My question is how does everyone solve the passenger seating issue? By this I mean to ask is there a way to install a front passenger seat or do co-drivers have to sit on bench seating in the back?

The door mechanism and stair entry seems problematic in regards to adding a seat... but maybe there are clever ways people have figured out? Swap to a solid door and make the seat removable?

Thanks....

Elvota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:40 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

I have seen several very clever ways in which to address the co-pilot's seat. The best I have seen used a panel that would hinge up against the dash board while parked to give access to the step well. While on the road it hinged down to cover the step well.

Just aft of the step well they mounted a seat that would swivel. When parked it faced aft. When on the road it could face the front and the co-pilot's feet would be resting on the step well cover.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:28 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 20 person
Hello

Welcome to the channel. I do remember seeing posts on changing the door, just don't remember where on the forum. We plan on keeping our door.
Youtube - bit.ly/TheBowserJournal
BowserJournal is offline   Reply With Quote