Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2016, 05:59 AM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 71
[QUOTE=Skoolydoo;137531]
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post

If it's the same engine as the 7.3 turbo that's in my truck, then you will have a good engine I have 375000 right now..runs good but could use so injectors.

Just wondering where in Oklahoma do you live?
Everyone is giving me the confidence to get the bus just having a hard time getting away from work. I'm in north west OK by the pan handle

livinthelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:03 AM   #22
Skoolie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
300K miles in a school bus would be about the most one could expect out of that engine. They really start to get tired after about 285K miles.

At 150K miles, if the bus has had decent preventative maintenance there is no reason to not expect the engine to double those miles

Of course along the way you will most likely need to replace injectors. For sure you will need to replace the glow plugs.

Those engines will start with as few as four working glow plugs. But any fewer and the engine just doesn't get enough heat up into the combustion chamber to get things going when the engine is stone cold.
Thank you for your info. I'm sure there will be more questions down the road. I also got a lot of info from your bus build.... Very nice.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:21 AM   #23
Skoolie

So 1st is everyone here is awesome and so is the forum. Soooo much info here. If I'm loged in the search menu doesn't work on phone but when not loged in its like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Anyway the bus I have been asking about seames like a good bus. I will go this weekend to look at it. They told me over the phone that the only maint records I would get are from them and they do not give out the info were they got it. So they were sending me pics of the bus and finally I figured I'm gunna spend $$ I want to know more on the bus. So I called the school district that was on the bus in the pic... Another pot of gold I found.

Oil changed every 5-6,000 no greased in between that time. Fuel injectors- 1 oring broke and let oil in fuel found quickly went to shop and fixed. Another did the same thing this time they replaced every o ring on every injector. Not another problem. That was done around 100000 mil. Strong engine no smoke. Starter motor every now and then will grind. Said that's the only real problem. From pads original back were replaced. Front tires fairly new rear are recaps with 50% life left. He said it was one of there better busses and was not to be traded but at last min his boss tosses in to the pot. Over all said it was one of there better busses. Would rather have that one then the new "crappy pos) new ones with all the new add ons they have done. He sound like a good old boy you can trust. So I'll go this weekend and check it out.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:36 AM   #24
Skoolie

Also they guy told me.... I shouldn't tell you what they paid us for it (he did not) he did say though that the tires on the bus has more value than what they were paid for it.