Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2018, 10:14 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: 8.3L Cummins Turbo
Rated Cap: 80
This is Austin

Hey all,

I've had to put my build plans on hold for a couple years, but now it's full speed ahead. My wife and I are selling our house in June 2019 and moving into our bus full time...and I'm buying a second bus and fitting it out for my 16 year old son for when he heads to Texas Tech in two years. Oh and did I mention a third bus my 19 year old daughter is buying to go to UT with? I think we have the caught the fever!

Anyone in the Austin, TX area is more than welcome to join in the fun with help or advise!

On a side note. If you're in the Austin area look up the ATX Hackerspace. I just found out about this amazing organization and am joining tomorrow. Working on my buses will be much easier with them. Wherever you are check out your local area for a Hackerspace. It's absolutely worth your time.

Glad to be back. Y'all have a great day and be safe,

Drew

drew78634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:00 AM   #2
Skoolie

Drew,

That's wonderful you are making progress. ATX Hackerspace Welcome to the ATX Hackerspace Wiki - ATXHackerspace looks like a great place get many parts of your bus completed. Austin is great place October to May.

Todd