Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2019, 11:58 PM   #1

Year: 1980
Chassis: Thomas short bus
Engine: 350
This seems right

I closed my business in August. Went stir crazy. Bought a bus. Decided to use it to go back into business... a mobile business of sorts.

This is an old, very old, school bus but it runs great, only has 60,000 miles, has a Chevy engine which I know how to work on, and the price was too good to pass it up (nearly scrap value). Hey, if worse comes to worse, it will be a really unique chicken coop.

I'm one of those old hippie artistic types that plan on traveling from festival to festival, as a vendor, in an eye-catching vehicle that will attract attention. Being identifiable from one place to another is a big bonus!

It's a 1980 Thomas short bus. All ready painted purple however some paint was removed when I used a power washer on it yesterday. Oh well. That's okay. I will be adding my own art to it and the bad spots will show me exactly where I should put the art. hehe

Here it is:

I'm well aware that it's not pretty, yet. I see a lot of promise in this! Once I'm done hot-rodding around town and take a few 'test' trips I'll start working on it. It's going to be a fun project with an awesome outcome!

It's a 3 step project... because budgeting isn't my forte.
1 - Set it in front of the farm for sales (tarot reading) use during the week. (I have a huge local client list and those people love supporting my eccentric ideas.) Use that income to continue building the interior.
2 - Move the business into a cottage on our property and finish the transition into a fully functional, off grid, camper. (The point of using the bus first is to get people use to seeing it and recognizing me wherever I happen to be parked.)
3 - Hit the road! Watch for The Purple Bus at a festival near you next summer!

Now I just need a really cool name for it.

Kymberlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:04 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Startrans
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
Welcome neighbor
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:07 AM   #3
Bus Crazy