Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-27-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
notimeforfakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 24
We just joined the club!!!!

So, after reading this forum for a while and watching the auctions for what we feel is the right bus, we bought a 1999 40 foot FE international with the dt466e and mt643. We will pick it up in a couple days and post pictures. Thanks for all of the inspiration and information from all of the cool people on this site.

Also, if there is anyone in western Washington with a skokie that would be willing to show us we would love to come check it out and chat about plans and ideas. Thanks
notimeforfakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie
 
mdeese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 45
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International 3000
Engine: T444E w/5 Spd Allison
Welcome! My brother lives full time in his skoolie, a 1999 International 3800, and lives part of the year up in Washington. He is in Concrete.
__________________
My build thread
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/l...-ii-16801.html
mdeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #3
Bus Crazy
 
Njsurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,225
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimeforfakes View Post
So, after reading this forum for a while and watching the auctions for what we feel is the right bus, we bought a 1999 40 foot FE international with the dt466e and mt643. We will pick it up in a couple days and post pictures. Thanks for all of the inspiration and information from all of the cool people on this site.

Also, if there is anyone in western Washington with a skokie that would be willing to show us we would love to come check it out and chat about plans and ideas. Thanks
I was watching that auction, but driving it coast to coast wasn't an option. Good luck on what looks like a great bus!


Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #4
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pacific North Wet
Posts: 1,059
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome Notime,

Congrats on the bus purchase!! Sounds like you held out for what you wanted. Good for you. Too many folks get the itch to buy and wind up with a power train combo that is not ideal for what we are doing.

We are in Snohomish County and have two buses you are welcome to take a look at. Not much done yet. We are moving pretty slowly right now and are still working on demo. I also have some cold adult beverages on hand for fellow Skoolies.

Best wishes with your new bus and POST PICS!!
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Sultan wa
Posts: 28
Year: 1993
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9L cummins
Rated Cap: 84pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimeforfakes View Post
So, after reading this forum for a while and watching the auctions for what we feel is the right bus, we bought a 1999 40 foot FE international with the dt466e and mt643. We will pick it up in a couple days and post pictures. Thanks for all of the inspiration and information from all of the cool people on this site.

Also, if there is anyone in western Washington with a skokie that would be willing to show us we would love to come check it out and chat about plans and ideas. Thanks
Bertha tv on YouTube is a family of 5 we met them in person super cool people watch their videos and comment they're pretty good about replying we actually became really good friends and hang out almost every weekend now lol crazy how the universe works.
Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Sultan wa
Posts: 28
Year: 1993
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9L cummins
Rated Cap: 84pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Welcome Notime,

Congrats on the bus purchase!! Sounds like you held out for what you wanted. Good for you. Too many folks get the itch to buy and wind up with a power train combo that is not ideal for what we are doing.

We are in Snohomish County and have two buses you are welcome to take a look at. Not much done yet. We are moving pretty slowly right now and are still working on demo. I also have some cold adult beverages on hand for fellow Skoolies.

Best wishes with your new bus and POST PICS!!
PNW Steve where at in snohomish County? I'm from Sultan I'd love to check it out also if that's an option lol also I'd love an adult beverage haha
Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #7
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pacific North Wet
Posts: 1,059
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Honey View Post
PNW Steve where at in snohomish County? I'm from Sultan I'd love to check it out also if that's an option lol also I'd love an adult beverage haha
If you left G-Falls headed for the Ice Caves you would pass me just a bit after you cross the North fork of the Stilly.

My Bluebird is parked about 100 yards off of Mt. Loop Hwy and the E450 cutaway is about a mile further down the road.

The Bluebird does not like my driveway....
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie
 
notimeforfakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 24
thanks for the warm welcome.

Steve, I am going to have to take you up on your offer some time in the near future.

I am sure this has been covered a million times, but is it mandatory to paint it in Washington or can I just register it and hit the road? I do plan on painting it when the weather permits but I am excited just to take a road trip as is.
notimeforfakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #9
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MD near DC
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeese View Post
Welcome! My brother lives full time in his skoolie, a 1999 International 3800, and lives part of the year up in Washington. He is in Concrete.
What happened? Did he pi$$ off the Gambinos?
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:34 PM   #10
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winlcok, WA
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimeforfakes View Post
thanks for the warm welcome.

Steve, I am going to have to take you up on your offer some time in the near future.

I am sure this has been covered a million times, but is it mandatory to paint it in Washington or can I just register it and hit the road? I do plan on painting it when the weather permits but I am excited just to take a road trip as is.

It is mandatory that the bus is disindentified as a school bus and all school bus related systems deactivated--no active cross over lights, no stop paddle, no crossing arm, no unlawful to pass sign on the rear of the bus, no school or operator name, and no SCHOOL BUS identifier on the front or rear of the bus.

While changing color is not mandatory in WA state you will get a better reception most places if it isn't national school bus chrome yellow. Also, some jurisdictions, like CA, can be very anal about vehicles painted national school bus chrome yellow.

In other words, the sooner you can get the color changed the better it will be for you.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.