Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-15-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Kcklr74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: White Rock BC, Canada
Posts: 24
Red face We're new here!

Hi!

My fiance and I are currently living in Fort McMurray Alberta, Canada. We met here and realized we have the common goal of becoming mobile, transient, and not being forced spend the rest of our lives paying a mortgage! ;)

We are in the process of moving back to my home town of White Rock BC. Once there we will begin our search for a bus!

We really don't know where to start.. but we want it badly enough to learn. Which is why we are happy to have found a site such as this one!

We look forward to meeting and chatting and thanks in advance for any tips you may provide us!

Peace, Love & Happy Travels!
Kcklr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:07 PM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
gbstewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,171
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
welcome, another Canadian, wow I think this makes 2 new canadians in one week!!
gbstewart
__________________
my bus build viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5931
gbstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie
 
Kcklr74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: White Rock BC, Canada
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbstewart View Post
welcome, another Canadian, wow I think this makes 2 new canadians in one week!!
gbstewart
Thank you very much! We are glad to join!
Kcklr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:06 AM   #4
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stony Plain Alberta Canada
Posts: 2,939
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome.

I'm just to the south of you a few hours. I'm just west of Edmonton.

PM me if you need anything. I'm deep into buses. I even work part time at the bus shop across the road from where I live. We keep 400 buses on the go.

If your moving, why not buy a bus, gut it, move a ton of your stuff to BC in it, then convert it?

They do make great moving vans.

Nat
__________________
"Don't argue with stupid people. They will just drag you down to their level, and beat you up with experience."

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie
 
Kcklr74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: White Rock BC, Canada
Posts: 24
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster View Post
Welcome.

I'm just to the south of you a few hours. I'm just west of Edmonton.

PM me if you need anything. I'm deep into buses. I even work part time at the bus shop across the road from where I live. We keep 400 buses on the go.

If your moving, why not buy a bus, gut it, move a ton of your stuff to BC in it, then convert it?

They do make great moving vans.

Nat
We would love to do that, but to be honest we aren't in the financial situation to buy one yet. We thought after 2 years of living and working here in Fort McMurray we'd be well on our way to our bus dream, but... it didn't work out that way. I lost my job some time ago and now the oil dilemma! We can't afford to be here anymore so that's the only reason we're going home! If we had the money we'd buy the bus right now and start just like you said!

Thank you very much though, I will definitely be in touch when the time comes (hopefully soon)

Do you have any suggestions where we can start looking for quality used, preferably Canadian buses?

Kcklr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:50 PM   #6
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stony Plain Alberta Canada
Posts: 2,939
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcklr74 View Post
We would love to do that, but to be honest we aren't in the financial situation to buy one yet. We thought after 2 years of living and working here in Fort McMurray we'd be well on our way to our bus dream, but... it didn't work out that way. I lost my job some time ago and now the oil dilemma! We can't afford to be here anymore so that's the only reason we're going home! If we had the money we'd buy the bus right now and start just like you said!

Thank you very much though, I will definitely be in touch when the time comes (hopefully soon)

Do you have any suggestions where we can start looking for quality used, preferably Canadian buses?

I did that gig up there. Never again. No good comes from that place.
Only drug addictions, broken families, and debt.

I can find you a decent running dog nose diesel for 2 grand or less.

Phoning the contacts I have is just a game of phone tag. I go see them in person.

Working in the bus industry helps.

Let me know when your ready to buy.

Nat
__________________
"Don't argue with stupid people. They will just drag you down to their level, and beat you up with experience."

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie
 
Kcklr74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: White Rock BC, Canada
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster View Post
I did that gig up there. Never again. No good comes from that place.
Only drug addictions, broken families, and debt.

I can find you a decent running dog nose diesel for 2 grand or less.

Working in the bus industry helps.

Let me know when your ready to buy.

Nat
I completely agree with you.. I'm glad we are getting out while we are still sane, and a couple. We met here though so that's one good thing gained from this place. ;)

$2000 is a very reasonable number, what kind of bus would that get? I like diesel, and excuse my lack of knowledge but I'm assuming dog nose means the engines in the front? I like that too. Also, we want to be living in this bus full time, so the longer the better I think.

We like these kind of designs, as open and bright as possible, and I like the storage in the last pic.
Kcklr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:09 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie
 
Kcklr74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: White Rock BC, Canada
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster View Post
I did that gig up there. Never again. No good comes from that place.
Only drug addictions, broken families, and debt.

I can find you a decent running dog nose diesel for 2 grand or less.

Phoning the contacts I have is just a game of phone tag. I go see them in person.

Working in the bus industry helps.

Let me know when your ready to buy.

Nat
Thank you very much for that offer, I am very interested.
Kcklr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eager, free, friendly, newbies, tips

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.