Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2016, 08:06 AM   #1

Westward dreams!!

Nice to meet everybody on the forum . This is a great source for info for us like minds. So my dream for the last five or six years or so have been to buy vehicle dress it up and drive across country to attend burning man in a number of other festivals that I've kind of had to sit on the sideline for as a business owner over the last decade. Last week I found my baby. I was never searching for a bus but I knew when I looked at RVs that I didn't want to be in one . While looking for RVs and trailers I came across this amazing 1992 Carpender bus. Luckily for me the bus was converted which what looks like recently , into a mobile school . I may be halfway there I think although I got a lot of work to do to make it real homey like I like it . It's already got a 15 kW generator and an upholsterer interior along with three nice roof A/C units. I'm excited to start taking out all the desks putting down a new wood floor and getting my floorplan worked out here in the next week. I think I initially wanted to put in a black water plumbing system but after reading many of the post I think I may go with a higher and compost system for the toilet. I do want to put in freshwater and gray water tank systems so I may need some help from some of you guys on the best way to find a supporting structure for those tanks and maybe an install guy in Miami. pretty creative but when I try to do things myself because I'm impatient are usually screw them up so on this build I'll probably use some pros that are friends and maybe some pros that are not friends for some of the tough stuff like welding which I have no idea about and probably won't get into learning right now. I'm hoping this conversion will take no more than a month and a half as I want to get on the road sometime by mid June or the beginning of July at the latest . If any of you guys have tips that I should know as a newbie please share . I'll be updating you guys on my progress with lots of photos and I would appreciate any help cause right now is a freshman I'm definitely sitting at the front of the bus .

Here she is in am her glory. The one day to be "California Dreamer" bus...

California Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:08 AM   #2

https://goo.gl/photos/mPUyTTnfptJmM2Jc8
California Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote