Old 03-26-2018, 09:59 PM   #111
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLightNowBegin View Post
From what I'm hearing it's a solid engine, just a little sluggish (but less so with the turbo) and a pain to find parts for. He also believes it has standard air brakes, not the Lucas Paininthekeister or whatever. Says he paid $250/piece for the panels and has tested them to spec. Hmm. Might go for it if I can come up with more money...
Good luck...New Holland is Ford in the ag world

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #112
Mini-Skoolie

Amen to that. I'm trying to scrounge good, decent quality tools on a pension. It gets tight.
GWinKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:50 PM   #113
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWinKS View Post
Amen to that. I'm trying to scrounge good, decent quality tools on a pension. It gets tight.
Man, you sure right...

Old 03-27-2018, 10:46 AM   #114
Bus Crazy

The New Holland engine is the Brazilian Ford diesel engine.

It is a good engine with performance not that different from the IHC DT360 or the Cummins 6BT. In most cases the HP was limited to under 200 HP.

The problem with the Brazilian is it is totally non-supported by the Ford truck dealer network. Any parts and pieces need to be sourced from Brazil or from a Ford/New Holland tractor dealer. IIRC it is still being installed in new or newer tractors and other farm equipment so it is relatively common.

What can complicate matters for owners of Ford buses with the Brazilian Ford diesel is there are some parts and pieces that were specific to the truck/bus chassis that are now made of unobtainium.
cowlitzcoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #115
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
The New Holland engine is the Brazilian Ford diesel engine.

It is a good engine with performance not that different from the IHC DT360 or the Cummins 6BT. In most cases the HP was limited to under 200 HP.

The problem with the Brazilian is it is totally non-supported by the Ford truck dealer network. Any parts and pieces need to be sourced from Brazil or from a Ford/New Holland tractor dealer. IIRC it is still being installed in new or newer tractors and other farm equipment so it is relatively common.

What can complicate matters for owners of Ford buses with the Brazilian Ford diesel is there are some parts and pieces that were specific to the truck/bus chassis that are now made of unobtainium.
Thx for info...