Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-21-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
Bus Nut
 
Jdawgsfanasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 973
$1500 bus?

here's a bus for $1500...or maybe $2500? idk for sure... in Lubbock, tx
https://lubbock.craigslist.org/pts/d...501739917.html

it's a chevy so is this a 8.2 Detroit? I don't have $1500 but it sure wouldn't be hard to put hydromatic in it huh? or a 4-on-the-floor?

hmm...and it's gutted...probably already gone
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:56 PM   #2
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgsfanasty View Post
here's a bus for $1500...or maybe $2500? idk for sure... in Lubbock, tx
https://lubbock.craigslist.org/pts/d...501739917.html
Ad isnít confusing at all is it?
RRRVBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:00 PM   #3
Bus Nut
 
Jdawgsfanasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRVBUS View Post
Ad isnít confusing at all is it?
Nope...totally understandable...I'm pretty sure it's yellow though...and I do like the look...btw I updated the post...

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
Skoolie
 
ACamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRVBUS View Post
Ad isn’t confusing at all is it?
yeah..

"the bus is empty, it could be storage, it could be a camper/ motor home, or a house to live in. I just need 2500 for the engine.

1500,00 will buy it! it is unbelievably cheap because the transmission is not working "


He needs 2500 for the engine ? so the engine is separate from the bus ? but the transmission is not working so it comes with the bus ?

Commas and decimal points would help(a little).
ACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:51 PM   #5
Bus Nut
 
Jdawgsfanasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACamper View Post
yeah..

"the bus is empty, it could be storage, it could be a camper/ motor home, or a house to live in. I just need 2500 for the engine.

1500,00 will buy it! it is unbelievably cheap because the transmission is not working "


He needs 2500 for the engine ? so the engine is separate from the bus ? but the transmission is not working so it comes with the bus ?

Commas and decimal points would help(a little).
Yeah...I sent a email...but I think he's a junk man or dealer because he's looks like he's got a shortie with a locked engine...lol...still I like the lines

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:02 PM   #6
Bus Nut
 
Jolly Roger bus 223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Swansboro,NC
Posts: 628
Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
If it an 80's model that it looks like it probably has the 8.2 non turbo governed around 175 hp and the 545.
The 8.2 is hard to find someone to work on it because they are old school technology and if you have to buy a transmission it would be time to upgrade to a 643 and the accessories needed to do it. Around 5000$ for that.
I have the same powertrain and paid 2800$ for my bus from the county barn and drove It away with full maintenance records,wiring diagrams and all and 7- years later have not had to put any money into the powertrain except for normal maintenance.
I ain't traveling the country in it yet.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:06 PM   #7
Bus Nut
 
Jdawgsfanasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
If it an 80's model that it looks like it probably has the 8.2 non turbo governed around 175 hp and the 545.
The 8.2 is hard to find someone to work on it because they are old school technology and if you have to buy a transmission it would be time to upgrade to a 643 and the accessories needed to do it. Around 5000$ for that.
I have the same powertrain and paid 2800$ for my bus from the county barn and drove It away with full maintenance records,wiring diagrams and all and 7- years later have not had to put any money into the powertrain except for normal maintenance.
I ain't traveling the country in it yet.
I found something interesting...gmc/Detroit/Allison were one and the at one time...I think if I had the money I'd want this one...

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:18 PM   #8
Bus Nut
 
Jolly Roger bus 223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Swansboro,NC
Posts: 628
Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
If it is the 8.2NA (naturally aspirated non turbo) with a governor spring change and the fuel rail (tricky) it can be pushed to 230 hp max as built from the factory and the tranny change to a 643 and a rear end at 6.50 will give you/me a road speed of 65.
Those numbers are from my research for me.the only difference is I have a ford instead of a chebbie.
I like the body,hood and all but with it needing a tranny I would pay 2500$ for it if he put one in but it would be out of another junkyard probably.
2500$ for the motor could meen that he has had the motor rebuilt?
Then it might be worth it?
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:23 PM   #9
Bus Nut
 
Jdawgsfanasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
If it is the 8.2NA (naturally aspirated non turbo) with a governor spring change and the fuel rail (tricky) it can be pushed to 230 hp max as built from the factory and the tranny change to a 643 and a rear end at 6.50 will give you/me a road speed of 65.
Those numbers are from my research for me.the only difference is I have a ford instead of a chebbie.
I like the body,hood and all but with it needing a tranny I would pay 2500$ for it if he put one in but it would be out of another junkyard probably.
2500$ for the motor could meen that he has had the motor rebuilt?
Then it might be worth it?
Yeah...depending on his skills

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:25 PM   #10
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Greater Houston, Tx.
Posts: 547
I wonder if the local school district bus barn would have someone that might do a little side work for someone? Plenty of big rig shops there, as well. That thing looks pretty nice. (bigger than I'm looking for, but nice)
I'm thinking that English wasn't the seller major in college, and 1500 may be what he needs to get rid of the bus.
BTW the short Chevy Bus, that has the locked motor for 1500, has been listed a long, long time.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.