Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 3126b 210hp
Rated Cap: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anewbus View Post
I haven't actually talked with him over the phone just email. I tried calling Friday but didn't get an answer but left a msg. I'd like to be able to go see the bus before the auction gets close to ending.
You last posted about this bus 4 days ago so you may already know this but here goes...

I saw the bus yesterday. The guys in the shop said that they’re not afraid to take it anywhere like it is. It “gains oil” , has almost new tires, is 40’ long, and the reserve is $3000. They said that after several warranty trips to Bluebird in Jackson (I think) , bluebird finally changed the fuel pump. It sounded to me like the bus has been running in this condition for Quite some time. All highway miles. Sports teams and teacher conventions, etc

I won’t be bidding. I’m too new at this. I’ve never driven a bus and this is the first bus I’ve ever looked at. I do have a diesel mechanic in Picayune. He rents a building from me at 1813 E. Canal St. He has a pretty good reputation. I saw a picayune fire truck in there last time I stopped in.

Good Luck.

Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

I did not get this bus. The last I looked the bus was around 5,600.00, I stopped bidding at 4K. I didn't think going any higher was worth it especially if I had to do an engine overhaul.

I really liked the color and windows on this bus and probably won't see another like it anytime soon. I'll keep looking and hopefully I'll find a winner shortly!
Anewbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:11 PM   #43
Bus Nut

Good luck! When I was looking for my current bus I missed out on a very low mileage, loaded International RE with a DT530E that a private school had listed on Craigslist for $1000. They had decided to use a contracting company- the bus was in pristine condition.
Oh well. Win some, lose some.
boojiewoojie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:58 PM   #44
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by family wagon View Post
I shouldn't have looked.. but I did.. anyway, I see that Uintah school district in Vernal UT has a handful of Blue Birds for sale on Public Surplus. All are scheduled to end this Sunday at 5 PM Mountain time. There are a 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010 all with rear 8.3L Cummins and starting price at $6k for the older and $8k for the newer.

Can anybody identify what is the belt-driven accessory at lower right in the photo below? This is from the 2010 unit mentioned above.
I believe it drives the engine cooling fan through a right angle gear box.

Ted
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote