Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

2009 Ford Minotour

Hello, I am new to the forum.

I am looking at a used, fleet maintained, 2009 Ford 6.0 Diesel Minotour on the internet right now. The vehicle is at an Auction and I think I can get it for around $2000. From the pictures I've seen of the bus it looks to be in good shape.

The bus has aprox. 90,000 miles on it. I inquired about the off-the-lot drivability and also about the rust. The mechanic said they've been starting the buses regularly since they got them in Feb. of this year and that they are drivable. As to the rust he assured me that aside from the gas filler hose area having rust (repaired) there is minimal rust on/under the vehicle.

I am not able to see the vehicle in person since it's in a different state. So I'll have to have faith that the vehicle is as he says.

I guess my question is about the 6.0 Diesel. I've been researching and I've read a lot about the problems with the 6.0 on the Fords. Most of what I've read mentions the earlier models being the most problematic. I plan to take the vehicle to a mechanic, if I buy it, to have it looked over.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated..

Thanks

Koolie-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:58 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
You would be wise to have a mechanic check it out BEFORE you buy it. How does one determine what they will win it for in an auction? If it's at around $2k now, it will jump at the end. Most of us will recommend staying away from 04 and newer models due to problematic emission equipment issues.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:53 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Do you have recommendations for mechanic services? Or how best I should go about getting a mechanic to check the vehicle for me?
Koolie-O is offline   Reply With Quote