Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #1

7 Window Cutaway Bus Search

First thank you to anyone who helps.

A few years back (2) I was going to buy a school bus to convert for my family to convert and travel in. We found a bus we fell in love with but then medical issues, a divorce and life ruined those plans. Now I am back on the hunt for that bus but for the life of me cant find a similar bus.

It was a 7 window Cutaway School Bus. It was not a shuttle bus, dont want to deal with fiberglass or cardboard. It had a beast of a front end, looked like a regular bus front end almost but was a cutaway.

Any help for my hunt would be greatly appreciated so I can start the dream all over, minus the wife, lol.

Dylan

Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Welcome to the site, Dylan.
It might be easier now to get your dream resurrected without a wife distracting your progress, maybe.

Not sure what you're describing in the cutaway having a regular bus nose?
There are several sizes of "shorty" full sized busses, but without a pic of what you now seek is unclear.

There are many bus auction sites online to help you locate anther candidate.
As you might or might not be aware, there are a couple of fairly critical factors to consider before taking the leap into bus ownership:
1) Stay away from anything used in the rust belt of the nation.
2) Try to focus on 2004 and earlier, if diesel. EPA mandated regs make the 04 up busses potentially unreliable and costly to diagnose and repair.

Lots of discussion on 2004 and up diesel issues in the threads on here if you care to investigate further.

Good luck...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote