Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2004, 09:51 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

a bus book!

hello all! well, I recently finished my trip around america in a converted 71 passenger bus. I was inspired by the electric mayhem bus from the muppets (why are there no pictures of that anywhere!) and a childhood dream. it was a great time. and I have since become obsessed with buses! I have started to collect photos and stories of buses that I hope use in conjunction with my stories and photos to create a coffee table book (I know there are others out there, but really, can you have to many coffee table books on converted buses?!). I already have pictures of buses in new zealand, australia and south africa! I am looking for volunteers to tell me their bus stories and to take some pictures that maybe someday I can compile into a book! please respond! thanks!

wonderkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
Re: a bus book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderkaty
I was inspired by the electric mayhem bus from the muppets (why are there no pictures of that anywhere!) and a childhood dream.
I found a couple not so good ones, I have a good one someplace, I'll add it when I find it.

http://www.skoolie.net/gallery2/electric_mayhem
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Oh just watch the movies, they're good for you.... I love the muppets..... And the bus was so .... like cool!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:20 PM   #4
Bus Geek

After a year and a half of building and touring in the veggie powered jacuzzi bus, I have a story or two i could tell.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:18 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

wonderful! I am in the process of creating a short list of questions and double checking on copyright issues with people's photos, etc. I am sure this will be a slow but enjoyable process for me. I will keep all posted and send out the war cry when ready (although anyone else interested, please let me know, so I have a general idea!).
and in terms of the electric mayhem school bus (the bus, that for me, inspired it all!) a true classic, most enjoyable in the first muppet movie but, I think, most visable in the post-henson muppets in space movie. p.s. I inquired to the muppet company when originally trying to figure out how to fund said bus project, and I am convinced I talked to mean grouchy muppet monster on the phone. she said: the electric mayhem bus is copyrighted, just like you can't make a kermit pupet, you also can't make a mayhem bus. I responded (in tears, I admit): but you can make a pupet, and you can make a bus. and so I did.
wonderkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:32 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
You can make your bus look just like the muppet bus, you just can't profit in any way from it.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote