Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
Almost There

Coachwork: na
Chassis: na
Engine: na
Send a message via Yahoo to drchefscott
A GrEaT tour for a new skoolie...

Hey everybody,

I wanted to take a few minutes to share this with you. On Saturday, I was taken on a private tour of a local motor coach conversion company. This gentleman builds tour busses for entertainers. He started out years ago working for Trailways when they were one of the kings of the road. He gradually went into business for himself and now he has a beautiful shop. There were about 5 or 6 busses inside the shop and room for a few more. Remember the feeling when you were a young child and the Christmas holiday was starting? All the toys in the stores and all you could do is looks and wish. Basically all of us now as adults in any RV, Lowes or wreck yard. I was in like a kid in a candy store as I was walked thru each section. Electrical, plumbing, wood working, metal fabrication, upholstery, etc. It was amazing to see these Prevost busses in different stages of completion. Outside each bus was a professional blue print draft under a sheet of Plexiglas. Any corrections were then made on the Plexiglas as they went along. Since they were closed for the day, it was amazing to see so many levels of completion sitting on the work benches. I was able to look, analyze and gather mental pictures of what I could do to my own bus when I get it. And a lot of this stuff I could do on my own with materials from Lowes or Walmart (fabric department).

Scott

drchefscott is offline   Reply With Quote

« Doh! | Mt Rushmore »